We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach, day trip from Norwich

Which Norwich hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
306 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best beach, day trip from Norwich

Hello all

I thought I would seek your expertise re visiting the best beach from Norwich. We have been recommended Brancaster but looking at the map it looks a long journey and would like somewhere nearer, whether in Norfolk or Suffolk.

Thank you.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
962 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best beach, day trip from Norwich

Southwold has a Pier with a few quirky entertainment machines that the boys may like. It also has a small "Slot Machine" area

Nice beach, few good pubs etc.

Timing Norwich to Southwold about 50 minutes, if you are lucky free parking on the front or roads nearby.

Also can take the row boat ferry across the river to Walberswick, park free at the Harbour, boys may like this. They could then go Crabbing at Walberswick quay.

Just pray for sunshine!

Broadland
Level Contributor
541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best beach, day trip from Norwich

With two youngsters of that age, I'd definitely pick GY. Apart from the beach, Merrivale model village is well worth an hour or two - lots of mechanical bits and pieces that the kids can start with the push of a button.

13. Re: Best beach, day trip from Norwich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, June 19, 2013