We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwich Day Trip Report

Essex UK
Level Contributor
503 posts
635 reviews
Save Topic
Norwich Day Trip Report

Just back from a day trip to Norwich. Drove to Harford park and ride and caught bus to city centre which cost £4.00 return for my husband and me. Followed the Festive Heritage Trail which we down loaded from the Visit Norwich site. This was a great self guide walk that took us around all the main sights of Norwich and took about two hours. This was our first trip to Norwich and we were pleasantly surprised by how much there is to see. There is a good selection of shops and the city looked very festive.

We had morning coffee in the Kitchen at Marks and Spencer - their mince pie with brandy cream was delicious. We ate lunch at the Iron House (reviewed separately) which was excellent.

Norwich is certainly worth a visit.

Broadland
Level Contributor
541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norwich Day Trip Report

Glad you enjoyed it. If you visit again, try Caley's in the Guildhall (very old building on one side of the central market) for a morning coffee - or better still, hot chocolate with a tot of rum!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norwich Day Trip Report

I'm not sure whether for effectiveness you''d have been better driving in, as that park and ride service can get so packed, sometimes you might find yourself waiting for a few buses to get back, and with some decent car parking charges I berlieve around the park and ride is really better for people who want to spend the day in norwich.

Also, for people with mobility problems, don't bother with it, although low floor it's just a pickle for someone like myself it's not worh the hassle and I think concessionary psss holders are now charged, but oddly possibly due to my type of pass etc I've never been yet.

3. Re: Norwich Day Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 22, 2012