We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday pub quiz, Norwich?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,435 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday pub quiz, Norwich?

We're in Norwich on Saturday and Sunday nights. Does anybody know any decent pub quizzes (preferably cash prize - we won't be up to drinking a gallon of beer:) ) in the Norwich area?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,911 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday pub quiz, Norwich?

I hope you are not semi-professional wandering pub quiz bandits that hoover up all the cash prizes at local pubs?

What's TA come to - supplementing tourists income ....?

By the way, if you find some places where that questions are easy,please do let us know... :-)

(BTW - good bird spotting near Cley next (sic) the sea).

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,435 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday pub quiz, Norwich?

You know we are, Peter. How else can we afford all these holidays? :)

Cley will be getting a vist between now and Monday but I think we'll be hoping for a session sea-watching at Sheringham. Today is reckoned to be the best day, weatherwise, but I've still got two-and-a-bit hours of work to do and then a wedding reception and some baby visiting before heading properly east sometime late Saturday morning, so I'll have to hope there's still something around on Sunday.

Cley's one of my favourite spots in the UK, despite the traffic. Anywhere with Bitterns and Bearded Reedlings (TA doesn't allow the common English name) has to be worth a look but it's the windmill that does it - must shell out and stay there sometime. We think we've found a quiz at the Cherry Tree on Dereham road, so we'll see how we stack up against Norfolk's finest.

Norwich, Norfolk
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday pub quiz, Norwich?

There is a pub quiz on Sundays at the Falcon pub which is in Hellesdon and also at the Cock in Drayton.

Both are pretty good and have cash prizes.

Enjoy!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,435 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday pub quiz, Norwich?

Thanks. I think we passed The Falcon. We couldn't find the Cherry Tree despite several attempts.

I was on-call for work and ended up almost continually on the phone from about 19:00 Sunday until 03:00 on Monday so wouldn't have been able to enjoy the quiz anyway, but at least we have some options for next time.

We did at least see Bearded Reedlings at Titchwell yesterday p.m. and we were in the right part of the country for the weather.

5. Re: Sunday pub quiz, Norwich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 01, 2010