We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stonehenge.

waterloo
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
stonehenge.

Does anyone know if there is a place that you can leave your luggage in the Southampton, Salisbury area? We will be getting off of a cruise in April in Southampton and would love to visit Stonehenge prior to taking the train to London. My understanding from reading the forums here(Thanks to everyone on your wonderful tips!) that we can take a train from Southampton to Salisbury and then get on a bus to Stonehenge and visit it ourselves. We just do not want to have to drag our luggage with us. Also we do not want to pay the high price of hiring a limo as we have other thinks on our vacation that we would like to spend our money on. Please let us know if you have any suggestions. Thanks .

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,677 Reviews
from $122.50*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,251 Reviews
from $125.10*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
747 Reviews
from $102.50*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
58,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stonehenge.

According to www.nationalrail.co.uk, there are no left luggage facilities at either Southampton or Salisbury, I'm afraid. Couldn't find out if the coach station in Salisbury has left luggage facilities - you could try emailing Wilts & Dorset, the bus company that operates local services. Have a look at their website, www.wdbus.co.uk.

Trains from Southampton to Salisbury run about twice an hour on weekdays; the trip takes 30 minutes. Single fare is £6.90 per adult.

waterloo
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: stonehenge.

Thanks for the information I will try contacting this agency.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stonehenge.

Unfortunately I don't think that there is anywhere now in Salisbury that has a left luggage facility (I believe that Salisbury Coach Station ceased to look after luggage a few years ago).

4. Re: stonehenge.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 17, 2009