We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LOS ANGELES, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

Need some Help For those who know the area

We are going to be guests at the Travel Inn County Hall on March 30 to April 4. We are arriving from Paris via Eurostar to Waterloo Station. Is the Hotel close enough to walk from the train station? It appears so on all of the maps. Or is a taxi recommended?

Thanks you

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

It is close enough to walk and taking a taxi would be a waste money. There is also a walkway going over the main street (York Road) from the station if you don't mind carrying your luggage up and down stairs, otherwise there are crossings on York Road that will take you to the County Hall side.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

Belvedere Road is between Waterloo station and the river. Cross York Road at Chicheley Street and turn left.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

I am looking at reserving a room at the Travel Inn County Hall. How did you hear of this hotel? This is our first trip to London and I do not want to pay a fortune for a room. It is just my husband and myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

Reipan, the Travel Inn County Hall is on the south bank of the river, and you'd need to take the tube to King's Cross for your train to Scotland. There have been plenty of good reviews of the place on this site, though.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

Thanks. I got a good deal at The Rubens, but we may stay at the Travel Inn on our way back, the night before we fly home to the US. Is Gatwick easy to get to from Travel Inn?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,429 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

Reipan,

It is not a long journey from The Travel Inn to Victoria (for the Gatwick Express) but it is a fiddly one and I would be tempted to take a taxi to Victoria especially with luggage.

If you do want to brave the tube it is probably quicker to walk across Westminster Bridge to Westminster Tube and take the westbound Circle or District Line (same track) two stops to Victoria then follow the signs for the Gatwick Express.

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

Adam, I'm not brilliant on train routes but couldn't you just get the Thameslink from London Bridge (five minutes in a cab from the hotel) to Gatwick. Or even get a train from Waterloo East and change at London Bridge for Gatwick?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,429 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

Hickney,

You can do that but it may take a little longer and the savings are minimial. The Gatwick Express is more comfortable with more room for luggage AND here's the big AND...

The powers that be are proposing to scrap the Gatwick Express which will mean tourists and commuters alike fighting for the same limited space. For instance a tourist heading for London from Gatwick at 8.30 in the morning will have to get on a train that has come from Brighton and is already likely to be standing room only. There will be little room for them let alone their luggage.

So USE it or LOSE it!

london
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

Fair enough, then, Adam. Thanks for that. And have a great holiday.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waterloo Station to the Travel Inn County Hall

I have another question. I know May 30 is a bank holiday. That is our arrival day in London. Should we be aware of any problems we may run into? Thanks.