We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Tickets Waiting List

Sunny Palm Springs
1 post
Save Topic
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Tickets Waiting List

I am trying desperately to get Harry Potter tickets for December. I have joined and logged on to the ticket site. I cannot find the waiting list sign up, that everyone is talking about. Can someone help me? Greatly Appreciated!

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,675 Reviews
from $123.70*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor, and Bath with...
2,250 Reviews
from $126.40*
Best Seller
London Harry Potter Tour of Warner...
747 Reviews
from $103.60*
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,386 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Tickets Waiting List

This thread has more details about the play(s), which hopefully should be able to help:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186…

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Tickets Waiting List

This is taken from the Theatre Monkey website

"SOLD OUT TICKETS"

Customers who would like to try for "returned tickets and cancellations" can sign up to an online "wishlist." The show will then contact you by email if seats become available for your chosen date / price area. A 5% fee, calculated by the overall ticket price will be charged for this service.

To access the wishlist, visit www.harrypottertheplay.com, and click on "Your Questions Answered" on the top right of the front page. When the "questions" page appears, go to the question "WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE ARE NO TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR MY PREFERRED PERFORMANCE?" and click on it. In the white panel that opens, there will be a link to the "wishlist" page for you to sign up on.

Returned and any other "late release" tickets will be sold to personal callers on the day of performance at the Palace Theatre box office only.

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
7,412 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Tickets Waiting List

A bit more advice here. Same source, preceding paragraph

"Weekly Ticket Lottery:" At 1pm each Friday, 40 tickets, located all over the theatre, for each performance in the following week will be released. Tickets will cost £40 (£20 per per play / £30 - £15 per play - during previews to 29th July 2016). To enter the lottery, you need to visit harrypottertheplay.com/ticket-information/ at 1pm every Friday. Customers will be placed in a queue, and selected at random to be allowed to buy tickets. If selected, you can buy a maximum of two tickets for parts one and two in a single transaction.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Tickets Waiting List

I experienced really bad story while being in e-queue. I have signed for the queue from the very first minute of opening, but was finally turned out, as far as al tickets were sold out.

Do you have any advice about how to succeed in purchasing the tickets online?

Southern California
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Tickets Waiting List

we never did get tickets. we are going to Scotland instead for the holiday. we just bought the book & read it. I stayed home from work to try to get tickets last time, was in a queue for over 8 hours, then told tickets were sold out.

6. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Tickets Waiting List

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 07, 2017