We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

K+K Hotel George

Level Contributor
121 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
K+K Hotel George

American Airlines has a really good deal for air and 4 nights at the above hotel. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my son is in the US AirForce, stationed in England and in my visit to him, we will be going to London for about 3 nights. I would like to be very close to pubs, the walks and other fun stuff he will enjoy. It seems this hotel has good reviews, but what about the location for first time visitors?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,296 Reviews
from $126.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
475 Reviews
from $105.00*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,093 Reviews
from $134.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 Reviews
from $333.50*
London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: K+K Hotel George

The TA reviews will help.

The location is Earls Court which is OK, you can get tube & buses into the very centre, & a black cab will always take to this area late at night. Earls Court tube area very busy & gets quieter as soon as you turn off into leafy streets.

If the deal is good, then any inconvenience will will bother you.

Put it this way, many Londoners pay an arm & leg to live in the streets around the hotel - nice area & close enough to get to work etc

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: K+K Hotel George

I just finished a stay at the K&K George in January. I really liked the hotel - the furniture, etc. is more modern, they have free internet access and the breakfast is wonderful though very expensive. The hotel is right near the Earls Court tube station which is very convenient. I was traveling with two people who had not been to London before, and they didn't have any problems getting around. You can get to central London via the Picadilly line very quickly! We usually stayed out until late at some Pubs and restaurants in the Soho area so I cannot really speak to any restaurants. We did eat breakfast most days at Benjy's right up on earl court road - near the tube station, it seemed to have more drugstores, a KFC, some "fast food" places, etc. rather than nicer restaurants.

I actually like to stay in more residential areas as it is quieter at night. We felt very safe walking to our hotel from the Tube at night. No problems.