We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Storage while sightseeing

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Luggage Storage while sightseeing

Hi all,

My friends and I (3 adults) will be flying to Heathrow on 6 July and expected to land at 07:45. Our Airbnb apartment will be not ready for check-in until 3pm in the afternoon. One option that we are considering is to leave our 3 large luggages with Left Luggage and collect it after our sightseeing for the day for check-in to Airbnb apartment at Hammersmith area.

Our intended itinerary is flexible and can be swapped at any point in time:

7.45am - Land at Heathrow Airport

11am - Walking Tour starting from Convent Garden (2.5 hours)

1.30pm - London Eye (view only)

2.00pm - Tower of London

4.30pm - Tower Bridge (view only)

5.00pm - Head over to Bread Street area for dinner

Please advise where will be the appropriate location to store our luggages based on our planned itinerary for the day. Thanks!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
15,510 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

Excess Baggage at Charing Cross railway station

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,309 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

https://www.left-baggage.co.uk/

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
24,141 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

You're trying to do way too much stuff regardless of storing luggage, in too short a space of time. I would focus on sorting that out and perhaps leave the walking tour to another time.

Edited: 3:57 am, June 10, 2016
Rutland, United...
Level Contributor
7,707 posts
79 reviews
4. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

I would suggest Charing Cross too. Don't go out of your way to see the London Eye on your first morning because there will certainly be other opportunities later in your stay. The reason for saying this is to give you more time at the Tower of London. Two and a half hours might seem like a rushed visit, three or four hours being better. Have you factored in the time it will take you to get from Covent Garden to the Tower, and the Tower to Charing Cross to Bread Street? These are not quick journeys.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

Thanks alot for the inputs. Yeah, I read that Tower of London requires 3-4 hours right after submitting the post!

In this case, we shall leave the walking tour & London Eye for another day and focus on:

Tower of London - Tower Bridge - Bread Street - Charing Cross (to pick up luggages)

Does that sound like a better plan?

Rutland, United...
Level Contributor
7,707 posts
79 reviews
6. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

My inclination would be to save the Tower of London for another day and do Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Westminster and the London Eye on your first day.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
24,141 posts
77 reviews
7. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

It is better but if you're arriving from a long haul flight I'd stick to something less taxing and do the Tower later in your trip when you'll feel fresher.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

That's something to consider as well. I will discuss with my friends and we shall make adjustments to our itinerary from there. Thanks alot for your help Beauchamp and parklandwalk!

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,309 posts
27 reviews
9. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

Also do the London Eye when the weather is fair to good, it's not a good thing to do when it is raining as it cuts down on the view. Better to book when you see what the weather forecast is like a day or two after arriving, or just turn up and buy your tickets.

paris london
Level Contributor
5,412 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Luggage Storage while sightseeing

You can have your baggage delivered to your address from the airport, which will save you hauling it around on public transport. The cost is roughly the same as rail station left luggage when you have several bags.

heathrow.com/airport-guide/…baggage-delivery

Reviews are excellent: https:/…