We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage

Columbia, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Luggage storage

we are going to be in London for short weekend on July 23 and 24.

Are arriving at Heathrow at 7:00 am

With most hotels not allowing checkin until 2-3:00 pm, do you know how many allow luggage storage on location before actual check in?

New Mexico
Level Contributor
14,808 posts
111 reviews
1. Re: Luggage storage

The Premier Inn chain does for the most part. The one in Earl's Court does for sure. PI London Kensington Earl's Court. They have rooms for £139 Sat night and £85 Sunday night for the two days you will be there. What is your budget?

http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/home.html

Are you leaving by train or plane? If early in the morning, you might want to stay at at PI with easy access to your departure station.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
14,808 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Luggage storage

Travelodge hotels do not store luggage, but you can get a noon check in for £10.

https://www.travelodge.co.uk

Columbia, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Luggage storage

We will be leaving by train to Oxford sometime Monday morning. Am looking at staying in Bloomsbury for accessible walking to central sites as well as ease of connection to public transportation from Heathrow and to Oxford.

Specifically am looking at Montague on the Gardens for location, and nice hotel at upper limit of budget. Worried about getting there at 9:00am and not having way to leave liggage until actual check in...

New Mexico
Level Contributor
14,808 posts
111 reviews
4. Re: Luggage storage

Why not ask the Montague? They will know for sure.

I would imagine they would store for you.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5,735 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Luggage storage

I'd be massively surprised if Montague on the Gardens wouldn't store your luggage for you. Travelodge is highly unusual in not doing so. But, as Charlie says, just ask in advance.

Though I've not stayed, I've often been to conferences and events there, and it's a really nice, friendly hotel, I don't think you would regret it even if it is at the top end of your budget.

Rutland, United...
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
79 reviews
6. Re: Luggage storage

After my wife had significant brain surgery at the neurosurgery hospital round the corner, we booked a celebratory meal at the Montague. Without being asked to do so, they provided a private dining room, fresh flowers and gave exemplary service. It is a hotel that does that sort of thing for its guests; it will surely look after your luggage.

Columbia, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Luggage storage

Thank you all for input!! Looking at all of the rave reviews on the Montague felt that luggage storage would be acceptable but had not heard back from them yet and was getting antsy to book.

Everything else about the hotel looks perfect so hopefully this will not be problem...

8. Re: Luggage storage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 22, 2017