We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final choice of budget hotel- need help before I have a...

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Final choice of budget hotel- need help before I have a...

After a few posts, and loads of research I have short listed a couple of hotels that were a) cheap, b) had private facilities and c) had a fridge so we could have light meals some of the time...

All of my researching is probably confusing me even more. The couple of hotels I have chosen are in Bayswater/Lancaster Gate area. Will arrive at HR and get into London by hotelink bus.

The 1st two I can book from Australia on a site that is reliable and well-frequented by me for work, no extra fees etc. Can't seem to get the Troy for more than 20 days in advance. I am going to be away for a chunk of time, so the bulk of my holiday must be in budget accommodation, with a "fling" with luxury at the end!

Any interesting comments on these choices. I am truly undecided, so I am looking for the better location so to speak. would love any feedback. Times's flying and there is soooo much to plan before we go :)

** Duke of Leinster, Leinster Gardens

** London Guards Hotel, Lancaster Gate

** Troy Hotel, Queensborough Tce

Tennessee.USA
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Final choice of budget hotel- need help before I have a...

Hello Perthgirl,

This is just my opinion but Queensway is thick with very cheap hotels and hostels.There are signs posted in the area to watch out for pick pockets.To be fair you see those in other places as well.Usually there are polce around.Lots of shady looking characters.BUT,the souviners are cheaper in that area than on Oxford street.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Final choice of budget hotel- need help before I have a...

Easy Hotel - Not TV and no windows either. I think The Scrubs looks more inviting.

West Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Final choice of budget hotel- need help before I have a...

I think I'd spend a fortune on migraine tablets if we stayed in the Easy Hotel!

I am reasonably happy with locations of the few hotels I am looking into- their reviews are pretty good for what you pay. It's only for sleeping, showering really...but we are not hostel people (hate sharing facilities) and don't want to spend the $500 AU a night listed in our travel brochures knowing that these places are not as fabulous as the decriptions and photos suggest :)

I am still deciding between the leinster gardens/lancaster gate area. Any pros or cons?

Thank you