We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
57 reviews
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

Hi

Today more information about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was announced. It's about Harry and his second son, Albus. It's a play in two parts and it works out as follows:

"On Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays there will be a matinee performance of Part One and an evening performance of Part Two. One ticket will automatically secure you the same seat for both Part One and Part Two on the same day.

On Thursdays there will be an evening performance of Part One and on Fridays an evening performance of Part Two. If you choose to see Part One on a Thursday evening, we will automatically book you into Part Two the following Friday evening.

If seeing both Parts over consecutive performances does not work for you, you can choose to see Part One on a Thursday at 7.30pm and book Part Two on an alternative Friday at 7.30pm at a later date – please refer to ‘Regular Schedule – One Part’ tab below.

REGULAR PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE

WED THU FRI SAT SUN

Part One, 2pm Part One, 2pm Part One, 1pm

Part Two, 7.30pm Part One, 7.30pm & Part Two, 7.30pm Part Two, 7.30pm Part Two, 6.30pm'

and the prices for those will be as follows

TICKET PRICING FOR BOTH PARTS

One ticket will secure the same seat for both Part One and Part Two.

Ticket pricing for regular performances from 3 August:

£15 £30 for both parts £35 £70 for both parts £50 £100 for both parts £65 £130 for both parts

-

You can find more info, also about the preview performances which are cheaper, and sign up for priority booking at http://www.harrypottertheplay.com/ It will be in the Palace Theatre on Shaftesbury Avenue

To clarify, I am not affiliated with the show, I'm just a big HP fan and will try to get tickets for my trip in October!

Also, the 2 part sounds intriguing

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

Hi all,

Glad I found this thread as was coming on here looking for advice regarding this play. We are looking at booking tickets on Wednesday 28th when priority booking becomes available and will be travelling down from Liverpool. I'm looking at booking a hotel in the Hounslow area (easy access from the M40 and M25 for us), to then be travelling in by Tube from Hounslow West underground station on the Piccadilly line into Leicester Square. My question is this - would it be completely impossible to find a space in the car park at Hounslow West station on Thursday and Fridays in order to travel into central London for the evening performances? Or would we have no chance due to (I'm assuming) it being a popular commuter station?

Any help or advice at all concerning this (or indeed my whole intended plan!) would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Middlesex, NJ
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
2. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

Thank you! I will be looking to see if I can book an affordable trip around that show.

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

Thanks Inge. You have been very helpful.

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,217 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

Adam

Hounslow West has a very large car park and is used by people working at Heathrow in addition to commuters so spaces do appear at all times of the day. Of course that doesn't guarantee you will get one but at least Hatton Cross, one stop nearer the airport, will probably have spaces due to it's high cost.

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
57 reviews
5. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

btw there are now just over 14 hours left to sign up for the priority booking list.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
579 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

This will be right around when I'm planning my trip next September. Thanks, Inge!

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
57 reviews
7. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

You're welcome, lets hope we all get tickets.

san diego...
Level Contributor
603 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

I am so excited! Our honeymoon is during that time. It would be a perfect addition! How likely do you think it will be sold out within 2 hours? Its about 3am my time and i normally wake up for work at 5. I just dont know how quickly things like this go. Thanks!

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
57 reviews
9. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

Hi

I'm afraid that I have no idea if they will sell out and ifso, how fast. I want to try to get my tickets tomorrow in the presale...

Alas, I just read online that the priority might only be for performances untill september 18 and I go after that, so I may have to wait till the 30th...

Good luck!

Edited: 6:45 am, October 27, 2015
Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
57 reviews
10. Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: information & tickets

well today was the day of the presale, and tickets sold fast, I dont know if there will be much left for the general sale... , the first time I clicked on the link it was 7 minutes after the start and there were over 33000 in the queue before me. I read though that my preferred date wasnt available, but they released those dates later in the afternoon, went in the queque again(15000 ish in front of me) and..... I've now got a ticket for my preferred date!(well, two, for the first and second part)

So tickets are selling out fast, but the website does state they wont accept tickets resold via non approved sites...