We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather right now

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
206 reviews
weather right now

I've been watching the weather -we'll be there in 2 weeks- is it miserable or what? We are coming from Alabama where we've had almost no winter- beautful 60 degree days .

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: weather right now

it has been quite cold and bitter....however when the sun comes out it is very warm on you. Friday we had snow, hail, hot sun, wind and rain all in about 2 hours and as it was my brothers passing out parade from hendon police school it was a right day for it!!

you can see the hail that day here

http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=20hzwn

make sure you bring a scarf and gloves as the wind can be a bit cold.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: weather right now

It is forcast to be about 50 most of next week and cloudy. Although, each day last week varied between snow flurries and bright sunshine.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,315 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: weather right now

HLSESS, I understand your concern, but you should not be concerned abouts temps. You should be concerned about rain. As long as you get a minimum or luckier still, no rain, then it will be great. It's still techically winter and London is a whole lot further north than Alabama, it's going to be colder. I like it cold in London, adds to the ambience. We go in the dead of winter and look forward to the cold, invigorating, and hopefully dry conditions. Our last trip to London was in December and it was awesome. Only rained for 90 minutes on our last day. We were able to get out and do all we had planned. Hoe you have the same luck. Cheers, Pub

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,607 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: weather right now

HLSESS,

Too early to say about our weather. I am nor even sure our forecasters know about the next day let alone for two weeks time.

It is supposed to be getting slightly warmer and mainly dry this week (up to 50) then another cold snap is likely at the weekend.

Just before you go have a look at www.bbc.co.uk/weather and you will get a five day forecast

About the only thing you can be sure off is that it will be colder than Alabama!

Adam C

adamhornets@yahoo.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: weather right now

The weather is not miserable its freezing! You dont come to UK in March and expect it to be hot. We are having quite a cold spell at the moment but that is not unusual for early March.Take plenty of warm clothes and wrap up well!

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: weather right now

Out in town today - two layers under coat - way too warm.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
206 reviews
7. Re: weather right now

I did not expect it to be hot I expected it to be cold- just checking. We will be going in and out of museums so we will not be walking around outside alot!! My daughter plans to ride in Hyde Park and she doies not care what the temp is she just wants to ride a horse in London!! I am not being critical of your weather- just trying to find out what to pack!! Thanks

south carolina
Level Contributor
163 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: weather right now

we are fellow southerners (south carolina) and just got back from spending a great week in London! We had every kind of weather you can imagine except hot weather. As you correctly noted, it doesn't make that much difference anyway as you'll spend a lot of time inside museums, the tube, etc. I would definitely recommend lots of layers. Every day I wore a silk-type t-shirt, thin turtleneck over that, jean-type jacket or sweater, and my lined raincoat. Sometimes I took off the raincoat but other than that I didn't "unbundle" much. Do take gloves if you are cold-natured like me! My kids wore a long sleeved collared shirt, medium weight sweater, and lined hooded windbreaker/rain jacket every day and were fine. It snowed several days but never a heavy "sticking" snow. As someone mentioned earlier, the weather might start out as snowing and bitter in the morning, then rain, then sunshine skies within several hours! We got at least a little rain every day but the biggest weather "problem" was the wind- sometimes it was pretty bitter and that's the only time we got cold. The gloves were definitely nice to have and I'd recommend a hooded raincoat instead of an umbrella- just kind of a pain to me to carry an umbrella and plus it was so windy that everyone's umbrellas were turning inside out! I also wore boots that repelled the rain- i was glad i had those! Would definitely recommend bringing two pairs of shoes for the kids if one gets wet. But really, the weather didn't make a lot of difference- we had a marvelous time and I hope you do too! The people in London were incredibly nice and it is a great city! Have fun!

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: weather right now

Have you booked the ride ?

Will they supply hard hat ?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
206 reviews
10. Re: weather right now

Yes, I booked it thru email- www.hydeparkstables.com- they like you to prebook- boots and hard hat are supplied free of charge- I believe my card was charged 97.52 OUCH!!! My daughter has injured her leg from falling off a horse a couple of weeks ago - going to doc tomorrow-hope it's not broken!!