We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to airport

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cheapest way to airport

Hi,

What is the cheapest way from london city to the London Stansted

Airport ? i need to be there by 6am for a morning flight.

also, is there a day pass for the underground train ?

how much would it roughly cost ?

thanks!

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheapest way to airport

Terravision have put their prices up last week. Its now the same price for:

Victoria - Stansted by Terravision

Liverpool Street - Stansted via Bow by Terravision

Stratford - Stansted by National Express

U.K.
Level Contributor
40 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cheapest way to airport

If you have the time, take the coach, national express, they have pick up points throughout the night and fairly regular, from Victoria, Hyde Park and Kensington. Again, depending on where you are in London if you can get to Stratford, East London they have pick up point there as well as Redbridge...take a look at the web site.

Travelling on stansted express train and then into London by tube your best bet is to get a cheap day return ticket, travelling through all zones, you can only get that after I think 9.30a.m. but again check as it differs at weekends but you can also use it on London Buses. With the coach you can buy a return ticket within 3 or 6 months but again check!

Terravision coaches from Stansted Airport take a more scenic route into London as they go along the embankment..National express only do this in the middle of the night.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Cheapest way to airport

I tried purchasing the Terravision ticket but it doesnt allow me to purchase one from Victoria Coach to the Airport

they only have one from airport to victoria coach,

one way or round trip.

can i purchase a one-way ticket to the airport there itself in victoria coach ?

U.K.
Level Contributor
40 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cheapest way to airport

I am sure you would be able to purchase a ticket from Victoria Coach Station at the National Express office to the airport, single or return and the returns do not have to be same day., just ask at information point to direct you to National Express office in Victoria Coach Station and when you are at Stansted Airport pick up the time table in the coach station, it is very informative on all the routes from the Airport and they are normally 24hr., it also stops and picks up at Baker Street, great for Oxford Street shopping. Hope that helps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Cheapest way to airport

It is possible to book a one-way terravision ticket on http://www.terravision.it/london.html (although the website is rather fiddly) or in person at the Golden Tours Travel centre Bulleid Way.

This is near the Belgrave Road exit to Victoria Station.

Given where you are starting from, the suggestion above to use a National Express coach which picks up from Baker Street is also sensible.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Cheapest way to airport

Westlondoner99,

i'm on a bit of a tight budget so i thought the terravision would be a better choise..

i'd look for the ticket in golden tour travel center if i cant find it in victoria coach.. erm.. near blegrave road ? what road to be exact ?

Lay9, i'm coming in thru the luton airport, so when i am at stansted, i'd be leaving london.. =/

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Cheapest way to airport

There is a map of the departure point and the Terravision ticket office on the website I quoted earlier.

Terravision don't use the National Express coach station, so you need to check their details on their website.

Sutton, United...
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Cheapest way to airport

I get a National Express- from where I live it is approx. 10GBP return!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Cheapest way to airport

ok i tried purchasing the ticket on

http://www.terravision.it/london.html

and it says

"Please note that 02.40, 03.30, 04.00, 04.20, 04.50, 05.10, 06.00, 07.20, 20.30, 21.00, 22.00 and 23.10 coaches depart from Buckingham Palace Road, stop 9 at Victoria."

what does "stop 9 at Victoria" means?

i've emailed them and got no reply

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Cheapest way to airport

what does "stop 9 at Victoria" means?

There are many many bus stops at Victoria station, they are numbered.