We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
30 posts
Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

Hi,

I'll be in London Dec 19-21 for some Christmas shopping, to enjoy the Christmas lights and decorations etc.

Does anyone know where I could buy Downton Abbey and Sherlock merchandise products? We will probably spend most of our time around Oxford Street, Regent Street, Covent Garden..., so anywhere near would be great.

Thanks for your help!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,353 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

There is a small range of goods at the BBC shop in Broadcasting House, Portland Place, just north of Oxford Circus. You may wish to consider ordering by post if a delivery can be made to your hotel: http://www.bbcshop.com/page/home

2. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:38 pm, December 12, 2014
London, United...
6 posts
1 review
3. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

There was some Sherlock merchandise in the Sherlock Holmes museum/shop in Baker Street a month or so ago.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
59,353 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

(lightbulb moment) Ah. andie, there are a fair number of items in the shop at the Museum of London, who are currently hosting a very good exhibit called Sherlock Holmes: the Man Who Never Lived and Will Never Die. There is lots of interest to see, and if your time is limited then two hours should be sufficient for the exhibit, although the museum itself is well worth seeing.

I did not book last month but just bought a ticket on the day, mid afternoon on a Sunday, but you may book if you wish at the Museum's website.

The Sherlock (21st century version) calendar was very popular at the shop, but the lack of Lestrade was a grave omission in my view.

Illinois
Level Contributor
19,196 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

I think there was some Sherlock merchandise at Forbidden Planet when we were last there. (Almost a year ago...)

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
30 posts
6. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

Thanks a lot for the advice about Sherlock!

Does anyone have any idea about Downton Abbey merchandise?

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,130 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

What sort of merchandise? M&S have some toiletries in Downton packaging.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
30 posts
8. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

I'm looking for some stocking fillers for a big fan of the show (it is shown on Austrian TV but you wouldn't find any merchandise here). I was thinking of mugs/magnets/teatowels... but toiletries sound great, too. I'll check out M&S , thank you.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,852 posts
391 reviews
9. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

You could buy the book "Downton Tabby" (with cats as characters) at most bookshops...

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
264 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: Downton Abbey and Sherlock (BBC) merchandise?

Try HMV. My local one has qute a few Downton Abbey things, so the ones in London may be the same.

Further to post #5, Forbidden Planet had Sherlock merchandise when I was there in September.