We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

De Vere Cavendish to be sold?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,151 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
De Vere Cavendish to be sold?

According to The Times, the reclusive Barclay brothers, who own The Telegraph Newspaper and The Ritz, are set to buy the popular De Vere Cavendish Hotel in Mayfair.

http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2006/09/14/308863/De+Vere+to+sell+Cavendish+hotel.htm

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: De Vere Cavendish to be sold?

My standards are`nt that high either, havent got the money! but there really were old newspapers over the entrance steps and whilest I havent the money to be too picky ,old newspapers are not a good look and you dont have to be rich to be clean and tidy! and there really were no doormen in sight, do they have another entrance to the hotel where the posh people go in ?

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: De Vere Cavendish to be sold?

One is told & can see the Ritz does not cater for the posh - they go to the Dorchester - the one with that quaint restaurant decorated with execrable taste

Gerlis

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: De Vere Cavendish to be sold?

ah, so when I win the lottery I shall head for The Dorchester and not the Ritz then, whats an "execrable" table???

Devon
Level Contributor
443 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: De Vere Cavendish to be sold?

table???? I meant "taste"!

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: De Vere Cavendish to be sold?

One can go to the Hotel & see for oneself

nothing like personal espereince & one gets individual tuition

Gerlis

16. Re: De Vere Cavendish to be sold?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 24, 2009