We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food in london

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fremont, Ohio
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
food in london

Hi All!

I have a problem that I need help with...

My daughter and I will arrive in London this weekend and we are very picky eaters.

I didn't like the taste of the food the last time I was there and ate a lot a TGI Friday's.

Are there any other places that you can point us to?

I'm sorry, but this is true. I'm sure that not everyone likes our food here.

Thank you for your help!

C

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: food in london

oh my god jack you meant you ate one of those hotdogs and lived to tell the tale? was it from a street vendor?

there is often stuff on the tv about these vendors, they are not licensed, they re cook the day befores left overs, they dont keep uncooked things cool etc the list goes on. Lots of them get their stands taken off them as they shouldnt be there, it is a bit of an illegal racket going on normally with refugees/asylum seekers etc who work it and has been talk that it funds drugs etc.

.....please dont eat the hotdogs...not about being a snob it is about hoping visitors dont get ill with something very nasty!

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: food in london

No wonder that dog tasted so good, they are using the classic preparation.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: food in london

Salmonella Officianalis

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,127 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: food in london

Re: hot dogs - remember the Simpsons episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian? Marge asks her if she'll eat steak, and Lisa imagines a wodge falling off a cow, then Marge says chicken breast, and Lisa imagines the same falling from a chicken; then 'hot dogs?' - and the thought above Lisa's head includes a squirrel, a pigeon, a boot and (I think) a piece of wood.

Maybe the hotdogs in London come from Apu's supplier of 'Premier Gourmet Hotdogs - 8 for 1$' - they were, after all, tofu dogs!