We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I get great coffee near Great Russell Street?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
222 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I get great coffee near Great Russell Street?

I'm staying at Jury Great Russell for the next two weeks, and already missing "real" coffee. Any suggestions within a 10 minute walk something other than Starbucks/Costa/Cafe Nero?

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Nero
Cafe Nero
285 Reviews
London, UK
North Carolina
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Where can I get great coffee near Great Russell Street?

Emparr, thanks so much for posting your knowledge regarding the little Italian eatery/coffee place next door to Russell Sq. tube! I'm so very relieved they're thriving. After the bombing, I was convinced they'd never survive the complete cordoning off by law enforcement for what seemed like forever! It's a great family that owns it and really works hard to keep it going!

Can't wait to bop over for a cuppa before yet another morning of British Museum exploration! I think I could LIVE in that place. I've been there a lot of times, but never grow tired of it. Last time was during the bombing last summer and while we were there I was shopping in the wonderful museum store. The clerk got a phone call and quietly told her fellow workers there'd been a bomb threat so everything had to be left "as it" and they were to get us all out of the building. I'll never forget how easily this was accomplished (and the place was chock full of people!), we stood, sat, and had a lie-down outside in the courtyard area, and in @ 30 minutes or so, we were given the green light to reenter. When I went back to the shop, there were my future purchases lying right where we left them and we continued the check out like nothing happened. Very well done. No one seemed the least bit upset.

Mentioned in this post
British Museum
British Museum
60,876 Reviews
London, UK
22. Re: Where can I get great coffee near Great Russell Street?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 16, 2009