We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Heathrow to ST Giles Hotel on Bedford

Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Heathrow to ST Giles Hotel on Bedford

We have booked a room at the St Giles on Bedford for late May. Can anyone tell me if the hotel provides a shuttle from the airport?

Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to ST Giles Hotel on Bedford

The hotel doesn't appear to offer a shuttle to any of the airports - this is something rarely found in London. The hotel's website has directions:

…stgiles.com/pop_up/airport_london.htm

As an aside the hotel is on Bedford Avenue - in the UK we rarely abbreviate the address by omitting the Road/Street/Avenue etc element. We've lots of roads with similar names (I know there's a Bedford Square in central London, for example) as well towns with the same name - Bedford is a town north of London - the roads may take their name from this or I suspect from the Dukes of Bedford who owned land in this area.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
820 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to ST Giles Hotel on Bedford

Hotels in Britain don't provide shuttles - public transport is good here.

I presume you mean Bedford Street, or maybe Bedford Square? If you truncate names like that with taxi drivers you will end up in the town of Bedford which is some way outside London....

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,900 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to ST Giles Hotel on Bedford

Shuttles rarely succeed in London because there are alternatives.

For those who want to do it cheaply and aren't carrying more luggage than they can comfortably manhandle, the Underground from Heathrow Airport to any station in central London costs £5.70 (or an off-peak day travelcard costs £8.90) and takes about an hour.

Those who want door-to-door transport book a car+driver in advance for about £40-£50 - I'm sure someone else will be along with some recommended car services (I'm in the 'do it cheaply' camp).

If you don't want to pre-book anything and are happy to throw money at the problem simply take a London taxi from outside the Terminal - about £80 to Central London. Or take the super-expensive Heathrow Express train to Paddington £21 per person) and take a taxi from there (about £15).

And yes, don't abbreviate street names in London/ the UK or you could find yourself seriously misdirected ;-)

Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to ST Giles Hotel on Bedford

Thank you all for taking the time to offer such complete and helpful responses. The hotel is on Bedford Ave. and I will be sure not to abbreviate street names in the future!

5. Re: Transportation from Heathrow to ST Giles Hotel on Bedford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, March 22, 2015