We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London night life

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
London night life

Hello!

Myself and 2 of my female friends are heading to London for 2 nights at the end of March. We have everything planned except what club to go to at night. We're 21/22 and students so was wondering what the cheapest/ favourite club to go for this age group mainly? All suggestions welcome :D

Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London night life

London, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London night life

Depends what music you are into

London, England...
Level Contributor
63 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London night life

It does depend what music you are into. At your age I absolutely loved Infernos in Clapham - which is about 15 mins on the northern line from London Bridge. Cheesy music and always rammed on a Saturday night. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole now but that is because I am way too old :-)

Other nightclubs which cater for a younger crowd and are more central could be Sway in Holborn, Piccadilly Institute, Amber in Moorgate, Tiger Tiger in Leicester Sq (v. touristy). The roller disco in Vauxhall is fun and a different night out.

I tend to go to Soho where you will have no end of choices, or Covent Garden area. But this is a slightly older crowd (maybe mid-late twenties upwards).

For more rocky/indie/alternative nights out, I am not an expert and someone who knows about Shoreditch/Hoxton/Camden will be able to help out.

You're not going to find somewhere paritcularly cheap unless you try to get into one of the student unions.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London night life

Thanks for your reply Charlotte :D we're probably just going to a club on one night so I'm sure we will be alright with a not so cheap place. We're into lots of different music but chart type music is usually always good for a night out.

I've always wanted to go to a roller disco! That will definitely be a contender :) you've definitely given us lots of options so I'm sure we'll be able to find somewhere now.

X

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London night life

Also, if it helps, we're staying at Russell Sq and will most likely be the Sunday night we head out :)

I know how some places are better on different nights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London night life

If you are into chart music, Strawberry Moons on Heddon Street just off Regent Street is great

http://www.strawberrymoonsbar.co.uk/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London night life

Oh that looks good too. Has anybody ever been to Zoo? What are the drink prices like for there and Tiger Tiger? My friends have been recommended those two places :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London night life

Zoo and tiger tiger both fall into the tacky tourist trap catagory. Not recommended if your into clubbing.

london
Level Contributor
124 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London night life

Definitely stay away from Zoo and places around Leicester Sq.

Angel and the bars along upper street are good, but more cocktails bars than clubs, although on a sat night at the o2 academy they have a night called 'club de fromage' which is all cheesy music and is great fun.

McQueens in Shoreditch is also a great night out too along with soho. Archer Bar is brilliant for sophisticated silliness.

Infernos is good, but quite far out and expensive to taxi back from.

Most bars and clubs will charge about £4 for a spirit and mixer or glass of wine.

Have fun! Also remember ID, most places have a strict door policy.

London
Level Contributor
838 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London night life

You mentioned you will be going out on the Sunday night - i'm not that sure many clubs are open on Sunday nights.