We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! I Need a Studio Flat

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
HELP! I Need a Studio Flat

Hello all! Me and my fiance are looking for a studio flat in a safe area of London (preferably Central London) for Feb-April 2014 that is no more than 900 PCM inclusive.

Can someone help guide me to a good place or share a reputable letting agency that has good prices. My fiance and I would prefer to be as close to Covent Garden as possible but I know that 900 PCM is going to take us a few tube stops away.

I found a perfect place in Hammersmith only to realize it was 6 month let =[

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,048 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! I Need a Studio Flat

I'm sorry but your budget is far too low for a holiday rent for a month. Most central studios are £700 a week.

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! I Need a Studio Flat

Six months is a standard shorthold tenancy - you are unlikely to find a shorter term.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,048 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! I Need a Studio Flat

Sorry I should add that 3 months is too short a period for a long term rental as stated they start at 6 months plus deposit and first months rent upfront.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! I Need a Studio Flat

im realizing that holiday lets are very pricey.!

My fiance lives in London ( I live in the US at the moment) and he's searching for

short term let studio at the moment.

We've found several perfect ones that have a 3 month minimum - we just cant reach anyone

because of the holiday period.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,731 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! I Need a Studio Flat

Try airbnb (and make exhaustive checks) but you'll have to be realistic. You're unlikely to get anything in CG for that price. Anything that is will likely be a scam or a dump. Or both. It's no longer the holiday period so you''re not getting much response because it doesn't really exist.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,569 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP! I Need a Studio Flat

Read the sticky about renting flats in London but also please check any "great deals" on this forum (giving the link) before you send any money. there are many apartment scams for London and checking before you send money may avoid tears before bedtime.

7. Re: HELP! I Need a Studio Flat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 05, 2015