We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

I would like to ask " Which Premier Inn has the most things available at arms reach"?...so to speak.

The reason I am asking is because I will be staying there with the family in May. I dont mind getting the tube or bus to get around during the day but it would be nice if something was close by the hotel for the evening? ie restuarants, cinema or any evening attraction really.

I have looked at Tower Bridge,County Hall and Blackfriers or can be open to suggestions to a decent clean budget chain hotel.

Thank you to any advice given.....Much appreciated.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,661 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

Leicester Square is certainly the most central as far as evening entertainment and restaurants are concerned but tubes and buses will get you pretty much anywhere in tourist London within 30 minutes so your other options are all decent although the Tower Bridge property is maybe a little far east and the area is fairly quiet at night.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,192 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

Of the three you have mentioned I would opt for County Hall, there is always lots going on in that area.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

Thanks for that. RE: T Bridge. Yes I was thinking that may be the case. I was thinking of spending the day out and about then getting back to the room say about 8 ish then just venturing close by to a pub/cinema etc with the kids late on.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

Thanks....It does look good around the County Hall area.

Edited: 5:49 pm, December 02, 2013
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,201 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

A budget would help. But from your list I'd pick Blackfriars.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

Thanks, Yes one of the budget chains would be good..Ideally between £100-125 per night .24-27th May..

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,661 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

The County Hall area is bustling during the day with tourists enjoying the Eye, Westminster Bridge and the South Bank area but there is less to do in the evening with a smaller choice of restaurants and only the Imax cinema located within walking distance of the hotel.

It really depends if you mind taking tubes and buses during the evening.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

Cheers , After some thought it would be nice for a chilled out stroll in evening to something on doorstep really.

midlands uk
Level Contributor
173 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

Also......What about the nee Waterloo PI or will that be further away from anything. ? I suppose most places would be good for us but only thinking of kids really. Thanks again.....Where would we be without TA.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,192 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Central London Premier Inn, What is close by...

I would say that the SouthBank area was fairly relaxed in the early/ mid evening. The food stalls at the Real Food Market are open until 8pm on a Friday and Saturday, there are a number of family friendly restaurants, great views of the Houses of Parliament and the festival pier should you wish to do a river cruise.

If you are visiting at half term it is quite likely that there will be additional activities for children In and around the Festival Hall.