We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7/7 Day of Remembrance

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,834 posts
Save Topic
7/7 Day of Remembrance

The BBC has details of events taking place in London tomorrow should anyone wish to attend or are just interested in what is happening:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5133430.stm

and just to prove that life goes on, here are pictures from today's party in Tralfalgar Square to celebrate a year since London winning the bid to host the 2012 Olympics.

bbc.co.uk/london/…

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

There is a multi-faith memorial service at the St Pancras church, on the corner of Euston Road & Tavistock Place. Very close to where the no. 30 bus was blown up.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

Good to know that even though life goes on, people stop to remember. Thanks mick and em.

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

Ditto on thanks for the info.

Caernarfon, United...
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

i can still remember the news of that horrible day last year- even though i live in wales i will be one of those that will do the minute silence in memory of those who died in such tragic and needless circumstances.. thank you for posting the link

NYC
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

Thanks Mick & Em - a sad anniversary. My sympathies to all. Ta. MMM!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

It's hard to believe that a whole year has passed since this senseless brutal act of terrorism. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims families and all Londoners as they cope with the pain of remembering.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,840 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

A whole year already... it seems incredible. MY brother and a friend flew in from Manchester to Calgary on 7/7/05. They were already in the air when everything happened in London so didn't know until they arrived here...

So sad - such a waste :(

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

Preparations were underway at Aldgate this morning. St Boltophs will be the focal point.

I remember all the flowers outside Kings Cross after the fire. I will have to try and get there Sunday.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,841 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

DH was approaching the m25 for a business meeting in London when the overhead signs lit up that london was closed. An abortive journey from Scotland to London was nothing campared to what others endured that sad day.

Malta
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7/7 Day of Remembrance

A sad anniversary indeed. We were in London during the second attack. We will never forget the unfolding of the events. We felt we were living it all with the British people. Our deepest sympathy to all the victims' relatives.