We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where Would You Go After Seeing London?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where Would You Go After Seeing London?

We've got 7 days to spend in London, but can extend our trip a few days to see more. Some folks are telling me to hop Rine(?) airline flight and head off to Paris or other, but I'm wanting to see more of England than just London.

So - if you did all the touristy stuff in London but wanted to see more of the country, where would you go? What would you do? We've got the Astral Tour of Stonehenge planned - the one where you get to go inside, walk among the rocks - but so far that's it. We're going in early May.

I've been reading in posts that folks are heading to Bath, York, etc. and I'm wondering what to include. I'd like to see castles and the older part of England. I've been reading so much that I'm on overload. I can't seem to sort all the posts, so thought I"d try this first. :)

I'd love to hear your suggestions! Thanks so much.

Shropshire Welsh...
Level Contributor
48 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Where Would You Go After Seeing London?

Well if you are staying in Manchester, try to get a trip to Chester or York.

York is about 1 hour east north east from northern edges of Manchester. It is a very interesting town with some wonderful old buildings and some great nightlife- much like Chester which is about 40 minutes from Manchester to the west.

If you decide on Chester, you could carry on up the Welsh Coast for an hour to Llandudno, Conwy Castle, Caernarfon castle, Porthmadog, Snowdon and then down to Bettws Y coed to finish at LLangollen and do that canal trip, kayaking, rafting and walking and then its only 30 minutes max back to Chester.

Bath is lovely and you can take in the Cotswolds around Bourton on the Water, upper Slaughter, lower Slaughter etc, then hit Oxford on the way back.

You could do both loops in one day but 2 or 3 would be much better.