We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
London
Search

pre book car service

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
46 reviews
9 helpful votes
pre book car service
Save

Hi-

We're arriving at Heathrow next week and headed to The Rembrandt hotel in London. I've seen several conflicting reports.

What company would you recommend?

We are not interested in taking the tube.

THanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
62,307 posts
12 reviews
92 helpful votes
1. Re: pre book car service
Save

Have a look at www.blackberrycars.com www.ticktocktaxi.co.uk www.expressways.co.uk www.justairports.com and www.skyexpresscars.net

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
36,070 posts
2. Re: pre book car service
Save

Good advice from TP.

Come and enjoy.

midwest
Level Contributor
188 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: pre book car service
Save

Additional question about car services from the airport. Is it better to prepay or just pay upon arrival?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
62,307 posts
12 reviews
92 helpful votes
4. Re: pre book car service
Save

Some companies include a small fee for credit card bookings. I've always paid the drivers in cash at the end of the journeys, and have never had problems when doing so.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
36,070 posts
5. Re: pre book car service
Save

Either, but do use your plastic.

Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
28 helpful votes
6. Re: pre book car service
Save

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k488693…

Also recent thread about prepaying:

tripadvisor.ca/…52828621

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
118 reviews
72 helpful votes
7. Re: pre book car service
Save

We just booked our car service for our trip in November... and advised the service we would be paying cash. That is not a problem. I was advised by all the companies I contacted for prices, etc (I looked at 3) that there would be a service fee to use a credit card. So, we will just have the appropriate amount of cash on hand to give the driver. How you want to obtain the cash before hand - that is another subject for another post!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
25,483 posts
77 reviews
131 helpful votes
8. Re: pre book car service
Save

Personally I prefer to pay cash even if it's a bit more. If there's a screw up and there's no cab, I've still got my £ (and there are alternatives anyway) and don't need to chase a credit card or cab co for a refund.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
35 helpful votes
9. Re: pre book car service
Save

Pay cash where possible, or pay card in the car, but don't pay in advance.

Virginia
Level Contributor
763 posts
38 reviews
37 helpful votes
10. Re: pre book car service
Save

We just used Expressways for both our pickup & return. As always they were on time and reliable. This trip it took us 2 hours to get through customs which has never happened in our 20+ years travelling to London. Our driver was patiently waiting for us. We called Expressways to let them know about the delay & they communicated with their driver. They did charge us for the extra waiting time but that was understandable given the lengthy, unexpected delay