We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

Hello,

I am planning on taking my friend from the US down to London for the night of Monday the 10th of July. I would like to book a cool trendy hotel(we are 21) for the night but i dont want to pay the price. Have been looking on hotelcomparison.co.uk etc and can find ok prices for hotels i dont know, but i need your help!!

Im not from London, and dont know the cool, trendy hotels, nor am i good at spotting good deals. As my budgets not big, and value for moneys a big score.

I am appealing to Londeners &/or 'great bargain hunters' to please try and find me a great deal at a cool london hotel. My budgets £120-but can go up if its worth it for a cool hotel

Your help is really appreciated here guys.

Thanks so much

North East Scotland
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

Laterooms or activehotels websites are good for deals, just check the prices are per room not per person. Do you have any preferences about area ie something with a good view of the river or the city?

2. Re: Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:12 pm, July 02, 2006
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

no preferences. just a nice, trendy hotel anywhere in central longon at a good-value for money price

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

Are you coming for just the one night? If you could switch it to the Sunday sites like lastminute.com and http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/index.php tend to have very good deals for weekends in the hip and or 5* hotels.

You could have Sunday and Sunday night, leave your bags with the hotel Monday and have most of the day before travelling home that night.

somewhere in florida
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

since your only 21, how about staying at a hostel? normally i wouldn't recommend them, but being 21 and on a budget, you will probably meet lots of others your own age and have loads of fun. how about the st. christopher's hostels? they are in good locations and have hot tubs, pubs and even an internet cafe. www.hostelworld.com

somewhere in florida
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

hey ebabe, i have a cat that looks like that called 'peek-a-boo'....love the pic. very halloween.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

Needs to be the Monday night im afraid. Not on a mega budget(can spend £120, or more if its a great deal for a cool hotel). Its more value for money...i want a cheap price for a good hotel if you know what i mean. My friends coming from the US and i want to impress.

...So any great prices for a trendy hip hotel would be great and muchly appreciated.

Cheers

north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

Have a look at the Pavilion on Sussex Gardens. I found the staff to be most friendly & helpful, & the location was convenient for the Edgeware Rd Tube Sta. The rooms aren't large, but fine for a short stay. I thought it was a fun place.

RatesToGo.com almost always has good deals -- I saved £15 or more p/nite on a single.

http://www.pavilionhoteluk.com

9. Re: Londeners and Bargain Hunters: I need your help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, August 13, 2009