We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with 2 queen beds

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterford...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with 2 queen beds

Does anyone know which hotels have 2 queen beds to a room? I would like to stay in the $300/night range and looking to go early May 2014.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,090 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

I think all these terms are ridiculous and confusing and hotels should actually quote bed sizes, preferably in both inches and centimetres.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,203 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

There is no such thing as a king sized single bed here. Usually in a twin room there will be 2 single beds. A standard single bed is 3 feet wide/ Is there any reason you need 2 doubles in the same room? How many of you will there be?

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

I suppose a King Single is what we call a standard double bed? Never heard the term before. Not sure about a Queen bed either?

A twin room is usually two single beds, a double room is one double bed, a family room is usually (not always) one double and one single.

Edited: 11:26 am, August 25, 2013
Peterborough
Level Contributor
381 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

If you put in your search engine London hotel 2 queen beds several hotels do come up but suspect budget will be the problem not the lack of hotel rooms suitable

PA
Level Contributor
62 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

I have stayed at the Hilton London Metropole. They have rooms with two Queen Size beds. Very nice room. I think they may call it their Family Size room and there is at least one option to have a sleeper sofa for one extra person.

You may find a special offer that would put this within your budget. Make sure to check Hilton's own website as they don't always make all offers available to the search sites like Orbitz.

Metropole is very nice, if not charming. The breakfast, which you can choose to include in the price is quite nice. It's conveniently located for transport.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,225 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

Most Marriotts, Crowne Plazas and Hiltons have rooms with twin 'Queens' - 4 6'' beds. Some independent hotel groups like Grange will have too.

Waterford...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

I checked out the Hilton and they do have 2 queens in my budget, so thank you very much for the info. Do you know if it is near the Tube? I assume that is the transportation most widely used. Does that get you to most attractions? Also are there restaurants nearby?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,657 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

If you mean the Metropole then Edgware Road tube station (Circle line) is just across the street from the hotel. Not the best line but you will get pretty much everywhere in central tourist London within 30 minutes and there are also a number of buses that pass the hotel and head down Edgware Road in the direction of Hyde Park and Oxford Street.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

metropole is in a great location with bus stops across road for major areas/sites

you can walk to selfridges hyde park royal albert hall across the park (about 30 mins)

Paddington station is about 5 mins walk back down praed st...

queen bed is a 5 foot bed (sometimes this size in UK is called a king)

double bed is 4' 6'' (in USA this is a Full)

king is usually 6' (or sometimes in UK super-king)

twin bedded room in UK means 2 single beds in one room

twin bed in USA means a single lol!

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Hotel with 2 queen beds

If you really need 2 queens (US) I would ask the hotel for the bed size, as I've had beds that would be a US queen called doubles and beds that would be a US double called queens. I always just ask for the bed size as traveling with my daughter we sleep fine sharing a queen but not so well with a double.