We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
101 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

Hello,

I am looking into the Travelodge Central Hotel near the London Heathrow airport. Can anyone tell me if this is a nice budget hotel? It seems nice other than the internet is not free. Is it close to restaurants and cafe's and such?

Thanks for your help,

Liz

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,358 Reviews
from $131.10*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,128 Reviews
from $139.80*
$155.40
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
515 Reviews
from $118.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from $349.20*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,464 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

Are you looking to book the hotel at 700 Bath Road or the hotel near Hounslow Central station? If you've not yet booked, the latter may be a better choice.

It's a two minute walk from the Underground station, with quick access to all three Tube stations at the airport. The Bath Road hotel isn't as well situated for transport to and from the terminal buildings or to and from central London.

The Hounslow hotel has been open for about six months. It's got clean, comfortable rooms and is handy for restos, cafes, shops and more in Hounslow, with the High Street about five minutes' walk away.

If you're looking for a place to stay for more than a night before or after a flight then the Hounslow hotel would be a better choice.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

The Travelodge in ( Heathrow Central) is actually in Cranford. Plenty of other hotels nearby. It's in the centre of Cranford which has a selection of shops including takeaways and grocery stores as well as pubs. There is a KFC a 5 minute walk away, and also a Starbucks. There is also a Tesco supermarket a two minute walk away. If you like burgers Rockys offers excellent value for money - it is a minutes walk away.

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
101 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

Thanks very much for all of your advice!

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

Despite its name Travelodge Heathrow Central is one of the furthest hotels from the airport.

It sounds like you are looking at price as your main purchasing criteria. If so its a good choice, but only if you are using Terminals 1 and 3.

You can get public buses from outside the hotel to Terminals 1 and 3 , 24x7 and Cranford itself has loads of fast food outlets and a small Tesco supermarket.

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
101 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

Thank you for your advice handfordr.. Yes, I am looking for price. I will be flying to Geneve/Swiss Airlines so I think its Terminal 1. Is the HoppaBus a good idea? (I think that is what its called) Many people say that is a good idea. I would like to be close to a supermarket or something because I will stay for 2 nights.

Thanks a lot

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,464 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

Rather than the Hoppa - pricey at £4.50 single - you may take a local bus to and from the Central Bus Station. The stop nearest the TL in Bath Road is Cranford Ramada Jarvis Hotel. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/heat… and tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…heathrow.pdf

But if you want to travel to central London, a stay there will add about 30 minutes each way to and from the hotel and Underground station for T1 and T3 each day.

Depending on the rate offered, the Hounslow Central hotel is better situated for transport to and from the airport and to the city centre; five minutes on the train to T1,3. Both Lidl and Asda are within five minutes' walk of the hotel as well.

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
101 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

Great, thanks!

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

If you want to go to London from the Travelodge Central you do not need to go to the airport.

Hounslow West Underground is closer and linked by several buses that run every few minutes. Hounslow West is in zone 5, Heathrow is in zone 6,

One of the convenience stores in Cranford by the hotel is an Oyster ticket outlet where you can buy Travelcards and Oyster

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

I have stayed at the Heathrow Central Travelodge. Like all Travelodges, it is fairly basic but has all one wants for a night's sleep. I think it depends what you pay for the room. I am staying there in November and have paid only £22 for the room but if you book near the time of your stay the price is double or more what I have paid and that is not such good value for the quality of accommodation.

Chiang Rai, Thailand
Level Contributor
101 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelodge Central Hotel near London Heathrow airport

Thanks everyone for your help and great advice!