We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning flight to Gatwick

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
11 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning flight to Gatwick

Our flight at the end of this month leaves London's Gatwick airport at 07:55. That will be a Saturday.

How do we arrive at the airport at 5:30 a.m. since we cannot take a train from High Street Kensington Station to Victoria Station that opens 07:30.

How do we use the Night Buses? And do they go to Gatwick from High Street Kensington Station? That is the nearest station we can go to from our hotel in Scarsdale Place, and I am just speculating that the night buses will be there.

London
Level Contributor
10,426 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning flight to Gatwick

There are trains throughout the night from Victoria to Gatwick. Example, The 0502 (normal Southern service) will get you to Gatwick at 0548.

You are correct that this is before the tube network has opened, so you'd use a night bus or taxi to get over to Victoria.

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning flight to Gatwick

You could always try easybus they are dirt cheap and run from West Brompton just over a mile from Kensington. I used them last year and thought it was very handy as it's around the corner from me There is a night bus N31 that takes you a short walk away from the bus pick up

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,961 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning flight to Gatwick

They're also incredibly unreliable, if you browse posts about them on this forum.

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning flight to Gatwick

Fair enough Darren I only used them the once and jumped on an earlier bus without any problem and on the way back during the early hours the driver detoured for me and the other passenger to drop us off at the end of our streets

This was my only experience, I will use them again but if they are unreliable you don't need that stress getting to the airport.

The 10 and N9 run through the night change at Hyde park for the C2 to Victoria or walk its 1/2 mile away

info for buses on tfl.gov.uk

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
11 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning flight to Gatwick

Many, many thanks to all for your answers.

Edited: 12:24 pm, August 10, 2013
6. Re: Early morning flight to Gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 12, 2014