We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London with a 6 year old

Hereford
Level Contributor
312 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
London with a 6 year old

We arrive next Friday into Victoria coach station. We are staying at the Hilton Kensington. How far is it to walk there? Better to get the tube or a bus?

My little girl wants to go on the london eye and we have tickets for 2 for 1 but does anyone know of a discount for the third ticket?

She's also keen on Buckingham palace and St Pauls cathedral but i'm not sure if its worth paying for us to get in?

Natrural history museum to see the dinosaurs is something else. We've booked tickets for Matilda on the friday night.

So we arrive on Friday and i thought about going to the London eye and looking at Westmister abbey and then getting ready for the show. Any one have any thoughts on food for the evening?

Saturday i was thinking of the Natural history museum and then Hamleys. Perhaps St pauls and then up to Buckingham palace and then Kensington gardens to the Diana park?

Saturday night has me stumped. Need an idea for something to do? Was thinking the cinema but we can do that anywhere. Also somewhere to eat too?

We leave fairly early Sunday after a hearty Hilton breakfast!

Hereford
Level Contributor
312 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: London with a 6 year old

Is it really that far from he eye, to Westminster and then Buckingham palace? What are we talking 15 mins?

Azzuro looks perfect for our Saturday night meal. Just what i was looking for.

Still looking for something to do Saturday night

Hereford
Level Contributor
312 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: London with a 6 year old

sueduncBATH thanks for your advice. We have Friday evening sorted with Matilda which is a shame as the museums opening late would of been a good option. As you say it'll be hardly worth paying to go into any of the churches/cathedrals as she won't want to stay long, although she may find it very interesting.

Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: London with a 6 year old

We combined our meal at Azzuro with a visit to this very nearby "live" glassblowing gallery, which had our 5 and 8 yo completely enthralled for over an hour: www.londonglassblowing.co.uk/index.php…

I see they're only open until 6 on Saturday, so though not exactly an evening activity, it might make a nice pre-dinner treat, while the restaurant is to the southside of Hay's Galleria and the modern More London cluster, making an amazing Thames viewpoint towards the Tower Bridge. Or you could head westbound along the waterline, towards the Tate modern, to cross the Millenium footbridge. Great walks all, if the weather is nice!

MUMBAI
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: London with a 6 year old

hi i m peter Bryan from Mumbai

Natrural history museum to see the dinosaurs is something else. We've booked tickets for Matilda on the

friday night.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: London with a 6 year old

Re post 11. I reckon it would take you about 20 minutes (or about 45 minutes by the time you have taken photos etc). The easiest walk would take you through St James's Park.

There is a little playground near the bottom left corner and it might be a good time for an ice cream.

Not sure what to suggest for Saturday night. You could try a boat trip down to the O2 (if there isn't a big concert) and take her on the Emirates Cable Car. There are plenty of eateries at O2.

it is also obligatory for us to ride on the top floor of a Double Decker bus. Maybe try to catch an old number 15 Routemaster down from Trafalgar Sq(?) along the Strand, through the financial district to Tower Hill (Tower of London has been absolutely heaving for the past couple of weekends; I am guessing it is a bit quieter of an evening).

If we are meeting friends, we tend to arrange to meet in Covent Garden. We don't tend to watch street performers in Bath so my daughter finds it fun (and we can stand and chat). She also likes the bustle of nearby Chinatown with its roast ducks etc in the windows and a quick dash through one of the supermarkets .

The Rainforest Cafe is round the corner on Shaftesbury Ave (but she seems to have forgotten it exists).

Hereford
Level Contributor
312 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: London with a 6 year old

$Brilliant idea about the bus. Will definitely fit that in.

17. Re: London with a 6 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, July 23, 2013
18. Re: London with a 6 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 25, 2014