We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

Due to Cross rail network construction, bus no 473 and 474 are diverted. please suggest me with the directions from LCY to reach London Bridge station.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

The changes to the 473 and 474 bus routes are only minor local diversions.

To get to London Bridge station, I wouldn't take the buses anyway. Take the DLR from the airport to Canning Town, then change to the westbound Jubilee Line to London Bridge.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

Thanks for your suggestion. BTW, is there any other better option? I mean, any point to point option. Is the coach service available at LCY.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,351 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

There are no coaches to and from LCY and central London. If you plan to travel at a time when there are planned works on the DLR line take the 474 to Canning Town DLR station and the Jubilee line from there. Both London Bridge and Canning Town stations have step free access to and from platforms, ticket hall and street level.

I like London buses but I'd think twice about travelling by road from LCY to London Bridge unless I had a great del of time with no other plans.

London
Level Contributor
10,423 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

Puzzled why you are trying to avoid the DLR? The station is barely a minute walk from the airport front door. And although bus 474 is diverted in part - it is still serving the airport.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

Thanks for all your replies. It's not that I am not comfortable with DLR. Just wanted to know if there is a chance for direct link. 474 is diverted, so I am not sure about the travel time. So from Canning Town DLR I need to take Jubilee line is it?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,351 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

LCY to London Bridge shouldn't take more than 20 minutes on the DLR and Jubilee line. As rcspeirs said, the DLR station at the airport is a minute's walk from the tiny terminal building, with an escalator up to the platform.

The train from the airport will call at platform 4 at Canning Town; the Jubilee line train towards Stanmore will use platform 5.

I can't think of a more direct journey unless you decide to travel by taxi or minicab.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

That's a good and better option actually I was thinking about it. It's cool to have a tireless journey.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

Any idea about the taxi fares and suggest some best companies with your experience please.

London
Level Contributor
10,423 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

The very roadworks that have put the 474 on diversion are causing jams from time to time. Very bad last month, though to be fair I haven't seen bad problems the last couple of weeks. A taxi might be easier but it doesnt guarantee on you being faster.

London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus routes are diverted from London City Airport.

I don't think it will take too much time. Will it? Anyway what would be the normal fare in a taxi from LCY to London Bridge. Has anybody travelled by taxi between these two spots before?