We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accommodation

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aveiro, Portugal
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap accommodation

Hi there,

Me and a friend are going to London next January for about 5 days. We are students, so we can't afford to pay much. With that in mind, do you know any cool place, a hostel or something, to spend the nights? The ideal would be in the centre, in a walking distance of everything.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
777 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap accommodation

www.st-christophers.co.uk/london-hostels

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,185 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap accommodation

What is your budget in ££ pounds per night please?

You'll not get 1 hotel that you can walk to every attraction as London is too spread out.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap accommodation

Will you fly to and from Gatwick, Luton or Stansted airport? When in January will you visit: early or later in the month and during the week or over a long weekend? Another request, as above, for a budget in pounds, please.

Let us know more about your visit.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap accommodation

Try http://www.hostels.com/

We used it to book a hotel in Paris at a great rate. It will list hotels and hostels as well.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
725 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap accommodation

Depending on when you are going, you might what to look at LSE http://www.lsevacations.co.uk

Aveiro, Portugal
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap accommodation

In terms of budget is hard to say yet, but it would be really the cheapest possible. We are going by the end of January / beginning of February and we'll fly to and from Stansted. We know that we won't be in the middle of everything, but something more central, somewhere for young people, somewhere more alive.

Thanks everyone!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
725 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap accommodation

Ah well then, my suggestion won't work. :)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap accommodation

'The cheapest possible' budget will mean a different amount to each person who reads this thread. Please think about your budget and give us a number, in pounds, that you would like to spend per night.

One budget offering comest to mind. Depending on your travel dates, the Travelodge Stratford has Double rooms for £34 per night in late January and early February. The hotel is near Stratford station, with Underground, DLR, bus and National Rail services to and from central London. Coaches from Stansted airport call there as well, handy for the journey to and from the airport.

Maylands, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap accommodation

One of the cheapest places I found when I was looking was Travellodge Waterloo tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g186338-d181…

It's very basic but is only a 6 min walk from Waterloo station. The station is well connected to train, bus and underground lines.

Aveiro, Portugal
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap accommodation

We don't need a hotel, a hostel is just fine, that is what I meant with 'the cheapest'. So, maybe, £20 per night, or less, if possible. We just want a place to spend the nights, safe and warm. :)