We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks in London living as a local

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks in London living as a local

Hi fellow travellers,

I am a young professional woman planning a month-long trip to Europe for summer 2014. For the first week, I'll be travelling with my brother across Europe by train and sightseeing in Rome, and for my final week, I will be travelling to Scotland with my mother. In the two in-between weeks, I'll be (hopefully!) renting a small flat in London and enjoying the city on my own.

I am looking for suggestions as to where I should stay and great things I can do on my own to really soak in the London atmosphere. I have been to London before (2010), stayed in a hotel in Earl's Court (loved the area), but am not too familiar with most neighborhoods. I am looking forward to sight-seeing and I do enjoy museums, so I kind of want the tourist plus London resident experience. London is my absolute favorite place in the world so I am really looking forward to this. Thanks for the tips, all!

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Two weeks in London living as a local

Never heard of people being dissuaded from ground floor properties because of mice. If the building has mice they can get everywhere

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,013 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Two weeks in London living as a local

When we had mice, they were in the attic...

London, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Two weeks in London living as a local

well, nonetheless, i ended up with a flat on the fourth floor

24. Re: Two weeks in London living as a local

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 02, 2014