We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taste of London

Harvard, Illinois
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taste of London

Does London, or Greater London, do a Taste fesitval, like many other cities?

Where I am from they do a "Taste of Chicago" that is very popular and has everything from hotdogs to haute cuisine.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,291 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taste of London

The details came up immediately underneath your post. It is from 15-18 June so your post is timely.

www.westendevents.co.uk

Harvard, Illinois
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taste of London

Verity-

Thanks for the info. I wish we were going to be there. It's our bad luck we will be there in late July instead. And our hotel is across the street from Regents Park, too.

Thanks for the reply.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,291 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taste of London

What a shame. But perhaps you can construct your own festival. A viist to Borough Market , Fortnums and either Paxton and Whitfield or Neals' Yard (and lunch at the Goring followed by tea at the Ritz) would give a sound British foundation. Top up with dim sum in Gerrard Steet, curry in Southall, mezze in Green Lanes....a taste of lost empires too.

[I know the forum recommends tea at the Lanesborough. But I was born there when it was St Georges Hospital, and I resent the hotel ].

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taste of London

Verity,

Some excellent suggestions.

One of the TALF teasters at the Lanesborough used to be a nurse at St Georges & told us some great stories.

I, too, remember it as a hospital - selling off the family silver, or at least read the small print !

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,291 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taste of London

My mother was a nurse at Bart's during the Blitz. She and her cousin used to ride their bikes up the Great West Road and dismount each time they saw a car. My paternal grandmother remembered a procession celebrating the Relief of Mafeking going past the end of her road in Kentish Town when she was a child. That must have been in 1900, when Queen Victoria was still alive. She used to go and hear Marie Lloyd sing at the Bull and Bush.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taste of London

see tasteoflondon.co.uk/page.cfm/…00150