We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub and Transportation questions

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Topic
Pub and Transportation questions

We arrive in London for the first time just before noon, July 5th. We are a family of four with two twelve-year-olds in tow. At first we planned on taking the tube to our hotel (Premier Inn Tower Bridge) but after reading some more on TA, we're considering booking a car service to take us directly to our hotel. We're coming from the West Coast of BC so I imagine will be pretty tired and in need of a shower.

I'm still not sure which car service to book. We were hoping to keep it around 40-45 pounds. Can anyone give me their most reliable suggestion? Also, do you tip the driver in these situations, as you might a cab driver? If so, how much usually?

My other question about car services is: on the booking website for one it asks when our flight lands, but also asks for a pickup time. People on here have mentioned a waiting period that the service will give you before they start charging you. How exactly does this work? If we land at T3 at 11:35 am, what time should we ask for the pickup to be?

Finally, we hope to stay awake by walking across the Tower Bridge and visiting the Tower of London in the late afternoon. Can anyone suggest a couple of pubs (that allow children) to eat dinner at, between the Tower and our hotel on the way back? We don't want to wander around wondering where to have a bite, as I know everyone will be tired at that point and if we know exactly where to go, it will be much easier.

Thanks in advance. We leave in 40 days!

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub and Transportation questions

With regards to tipping:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186216-s606/United…

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub and Transportation questions

Thanks, that was helpful.

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub and Transportation questions

Bump.

Can anyone recommend a good pub on the way from the Tower of London to the Premier Inn Tower Bridge? Nothing fancy, good food, allows kids, easy to find.

Thanks

sthelensuk
Level Contributor
77 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub and Transportation questions

St Katherines dock by tower bridge has a number of eating places mostly chains as well as the dickens inn pub.

5. Re: Pub and Transportation questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 29, 2014