We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - day trips etc.

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report - day trips etc.

Sat, Evan Evans, Windsor, Salisbury, Stonehedge-- Excellent guide--

Sun-Oxford, Stratford, also Evan Evans-- A pleasant day

Mon. Imperial War Museum-- excellent- Aquarium-- ok (If you are really into fish; otherwise, skip it.)

Tues. We took the train to Bath Spa. I strongly recommend not doing Bath on a tour. We had a very pleasant unrushed day. The only thing that puzzles me is what the fuss is over a Sally Lunn bun. Three of us had the buns. They honestly tasted like stale large hamburger buns! It truely was a waste of money.

Wed. Premium tour of Leeds, Canterbury, Dover and Thames cruise. Another very pleasant day.

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report - day trips etc.

Londonbound,

I hope this doesn't sound a bit off, but I've seen a few posts referring to Stonehedge, when it is Stonehenge. Which I got a fantastic view of on Sunday, passing by on the back of an 800cc motorbike.....

I agree, visit places away from the tour groups every so often, you may miss the blurb, but you see so much more. I can remember seeing Pompeii for the first time. We were rushed past the places I wanted to spend more time at, and stopped for too long at places that held no interest for me....

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report - day trips etc.

I did not feel rushed at all on the tours that I took. There were three of us together and felt that the tours I mentioned, spent about the right amount of time in each place. Of course, If one has plenty of time to visit places on your own, that is preferable. As I mentioned, we did Bath on our own, because the tour groups do not spend enough time for an in depth visit. On a prior trip report I mentioned that we also did Hampton Court on our own, because we wanted to spend an unrushed day there. Anita

3. Re: Trip report - day trips etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 16, 2009