We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still need info regarding tube travelcards!!

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Payne, Alabama
Level Contributor
18 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Still need info regarding tube travelcards!!

We will be traveling to London in June with two 13 year olds. I think our best option for the tube is to purchase one day Family Travelcards. For zones 1 and 2 it is 3.10 pounds per adult and .80 pounds for each child. That is only good for zones 1 and 2 and I'm not sure about time restrictions. Am I correct in thinking this is our best option or is there something better out there?? Thanks.

CA, USA
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Still need info regarding tube travelcards!!

I did not know I fell into the anal planner group. Have you been talking to my wife?

Colorado
Level Contributor
468 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Still need info regarding tube travelcards!!

LOL at Bobcat. Well, you are in very good company.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Still need info regarding tube travelcards!!

as another anal planner, I still need help with the travelcard. I was going to buy 2, for my hubby and me when we go the first week in April. However, I read on the posts here, that it is only for consecutive travel and we plan to take a day trip to Oxford. Should I get a travelcard ahead of time or get one daily when we are there? I am assuming that travel card will not cover our trip to Oxford. I am so confused and anal. HELP! Do you think it's too early to pack? lol.

Colorado
Level Contributor
468 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Still need info regarding tube travelcards!!

I'm also taking a day trip but I figured I might use the card in the evening when I get back. How many days total will you be in London? Remember you probably won't need one the day of your departure.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Still need info regarding tube travelcards!!

We will be there a total of 5 days. we arrive on a Friday and leave on a Wednesday. I guess we would use the card when we got back from Oxford. I never thought of that. I am trying to plan so much to make our trip easier, that i am forgetting some of the obvious things. I am sure it will all work out.