We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow airport advise

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow airport advise

I think I'm asking a very simple question, but I can't get an answer to it, no one seems to understand what I mean even. Please can you advise me! The hotel doesn't know, National Express doesn't know. The airport helpline number doesn't answer. Any local experts out there.

I am going to New York on 16 June. On 15 June I will travel by coach to Heathrow. We will then get a taxi to the hotel and in the morning another taxi to Terminal 4.

My question is which Terminal is nearest to Hounslow (Phoenix Way TW5 9NB). We don't want to spend ages going around the terminals when we can get off at T1 for instance.

Or is there a better way of doing this journey (eg coach to Reading)? I'm travelling with someone who is pregnant, so we dont' want to end up dragging cases around for ages.

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow airport advise

At Heathrow, terminals 1, 2 and 3 are all next to each other whilst terminal 4 is all by itself some distance away. The route a taxi driver would take from Phoenix Way to get to terminal 4 is different to the one he would take to get to the other terminals. So in your instance, it would just be best to tell the driver to take you to terminal 4. i.e. he would not have to go any near the other terminals to get to terminal 4.

With regards to the coach arriving at Heathrow, you would be best just to get off at the first stop at Heathrow (which I believe will be the central bus station and covers terminals 1, 2 and 3) and then get a taxi from there to your hotel.

Have I answered your question?

Cardiff
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow airport advise

Yes thank you. That was very quick!

Does anyone know if there are any half decent restaurants/pubs within walking distance of the hotel. Apparently there's a Burger King there otherwise or a Little Chef, but if possible prefer to use something else. There's a pub called the Rising Sun about half a mile away it seems, anyone know it?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow airport advise

You could try the restuarants at the Hilton London Heathrow Hotel for a meal.

hilton.co.uk/dispatch/…

Or travel a bit and go to Ealing Broadway for a meal. There are plenty of eateries in Ealing Broadway.

allinlondon.co.uk/tube-ealing-broadway.php

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow airport advise

Which airport hotel are you staying with ?

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow airport advise

If your staying at an airport hotel they should operate a complimentry pick up and drop off service, most airports do.

Give them a call, se if they offer that service. If its the Hilton I'd kick up a fuss if they did not.

Why would you want to go to Reading if your flying out of Heathrow ?.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow airport advise

If you want to go to Hounslow, you'd be better to get a minicab from your hotel. The tube station is not exactly in the highstreet.

If you are going to stay for one night only why dont you just eat at your hotel, save youself some hassle.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow airport advise

I think I get it. Coaches to LHR should go to the Central Bus Station, which is more or less in an area central to T1,2,3. Phoenix Way is just offf the M4, near Heston Services.

You might as well taxi from the Central Bus Station, unless you want to take one of the London buses that serves Hounslow, as it'd be easier than fiddling around with timetables, searching for a bus that goes through the back doubles between the M4 and the Great West Road.

T4 is apart from T1,2,3, but not too far a taxi ride from Phoenix Way - or so claims my A to Z.

Good luck - and have a good trip.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow airport advise

I'm even more confused about exactly what Cardiffborn wants to do !!!!!!!!!!!!! Just leave the bus at Heathrow Bus Station, after that take a taxi to anywhere you want to go. You don't need to go carting luggage around from one terminal to the other.

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heathrow airport advise

I think I recognise the address but cannot recall name of hotel. The area is close to Cranfield. It's a semi light industrial area. So you won't have much choice when it comes to dining. You'd need a car or reliable mini cab service to venture further afield for good food.

Your best bet is to got to central bus station & pick up a cab. All the road traffic around LHR & terminals is heavily routed, so no matter which location you pick your cabup, the driver will tkae the same route out of the airport as there are limited entry/exits roads. There is no one specific terminal nearer the perimeter for the Hounslow area.

So get off the coach at the place where you are most likely to get a cab quickly - e.g. central bus station - & your companion can have a much needed pee.

How much are you paying for your digs ?

Here's some lateral thinking.

Get off coach at Slough & take a 5 minute cab ride to the Pinewood Hotel - see reviews on TALF. They have special deals during June of £40 pppn B&B. Stayed there myself twice recently & can heartily recommend it, not yet posted my review. They have an excellent restaurant & good room service. Your companion can really relax after the coach trip, get a great night's sleep, wake up to some birdsong rather than urban traffic. The staff are friendly & efficient, & will happily organise a reliable cab for you in the morning to the airport. Fab buffet breakfast to keep you going through the day.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Heathrow airport advise

mParr,

Well put.