We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
227 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

We are arriving St. Pancras on Eurostar and then leaving from Kings Cross for York. Trying to figure timing to walk over to Kings Cross. What is the best way to get from one to the other and about how much time should we allow for that?

Thanks for any help.

Level Contributor
3,385 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

5 mins.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

They are adjacent. Just follow the signs all underground no need to exit the station. 5 minutes tops if you walk slowly and buy a sandwich on the way.

London, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

Kings Cross is just across the street from St Pancras, about 100 yards or so.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,418 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

Turn right out of Eurostar arrivals and walk toward the domestic ticket office and platforms and a shopping area called The Circle. You'll see an exit from the station near there, and straight across Pancras Road is the entrance to the new departures area at KX.

If it takes more than five minutes, it will be because you got stuck at the newsagents reading the headlines or stopped to buy a cup of tea.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

Can you not do this all underground? I'm pretty sure I didnt exit the station last time I came in from Paris and caught a tube, but that was 6 months ago, maybe I did? Dont want to mislead the OP if I'm wrong.

Edited: 6:03 pm, May 08, 2013
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

Yes, it can all be done in one interchange as Kings Cross St Pancras Underground station sort of clamps the two termini together. You can walk from the Eurostar platforms at St Panks to Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross without getting your hair wet.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

Why would you want to go underground? That takes into you into the Tube station which isn't where the OP wants to go. Exit St. Pancras, cross the road, enter King's Cross. Simples!

Edited: 6:42 pm, May 08, 2013
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

But you might get your hair wet.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

But it would take much longer and involve negotiating stairs/escalators/lifts.

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St. Pancras to Kings Cross Station

You guys are great, thanks for all the useful (and comical) info. I knew they were next to each other and have been to St. Pancras before, but then just got to the taxi queue and was off. As it happens we probably will pick up a sandwich on the way to Kings Cross.

Thanks all.