We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

Does anyone know where this bust departs from exactly please. I'll be getting it at 5am and don't really have time for a "tour" of Liverpool Street to find the bus stop at this early hour.

Strawberry Tours - Free Walking Tours London
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Fun London Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

According to the map on the National Express web site, it leaves from Stop S outside the Railway Tavern in Liverpool Street.

From the underground station leave from the exit above the Circle Line platforms and it will be straight in front of you. From the mainline trains go up the escalators in front of the main underground entrance, past McD and it is on the opposite corner of the cross roads to your right.

How are you getting to Liverpool Street at such an unearthly hour ?

Edited: 8:47 am, May 07, 2013
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

I'm staying in hotel near Tower of London so walking to liverpool st early in the AM.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

The TFL shows it as Stop G tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…liverpoolstreet-2161.pdf

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

The Terravision coaches to Stansted definitely go from stop G. I would expect the National Express buses do too. I don't think there is a coach/bus stop in Liverpool Street (i.e. the road of that name) as it is not a through road at the best of times and half the street is currently closed due to Crossrail works. The Railway Tavern seems to be in the closed part of the street, so nothing is going to stop outside of it until the road re-opens.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

I called National Express twice today about this and they are clueless. 1 said look at the map the other said it is from outside the station.

London
Level Contributor
10,033 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

In this case, Liverpool Street is a slight red herring. The street (that the station is named after) is a cul de sac, too narrow for buses to turn in, and no buses actually go into Liverpool Street itself. The buses stop in Bishopsgate, which is the major thoroughfare on the east side of the mainline station.

In any case, you have your answer in post 3. It is stop G you want.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

lol

we'' know in the morning then thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,877 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

Stop G in Bishopsgate is clearly marked for coaches to Stansted airport. You will very likely see a queue there; the stop is quite separate from the London bus stops.

If you've booked the TL in Goodman's Yard, walk along the Minories to Aldgate High Street, nip left along Duke's Place to Bishopsgate, turn right at the junction (you'll see a large construction site on the left at the junction) and then just a few metres along to the station and bus stop.

9. Re: Liverpool Street to Stansted National Express Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 09, 2014