We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takeaway recommendations for Central London

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Takeaway recommendations for Central London

I much prefer picking up my food and eating it in my hotel room/service apartment, so what are everyone's favourite takeout options in Central London? I'm going to be staying near Bond Street, so places within a 30-45 minute radius of that would be great. Not looking for supermarket style prepacked stuff, but rather good restaurants that either have a takeaway option or deliver.

Thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Takeaway recommendations for Central London

Selfridges Food section do a wide variety of foods many of which you can use as a takeaway.

Even better is Harrods Food Hall ; same idea but even better selection.

Or John Lewis Oxford St in the basement has a good food section too

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Takeaway recommendations for Central London

Giggs on Whitfield street w1 is good for fish and chips, kebabs and salads.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
963 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Takeaway recommendations for Central London

Comptoir Libanais at 65 Wigmore Street is probably quite near you and does excellent take away or eat in Lebanese food. Another Lebanese possibility is Ranoush Juice at 43 Edgeware Rd. I used to get a really nice take away box there, you could choose about six different options from everything and get a pile of Lebanese bread to eat with it. It would serve two - three people. I haven't done that for quite a while though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Takeaway recommendations for Central London

Sorry, Gigs is listed on tottenham street/corner of Whitfield street.

5. Re: Takeaway recommendations for Central London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 02, 2014