We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London bus map and schedule

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
London bus map and schedule

Can I pick up a map of the London bus routes at Heathrow? If so, where?

I seem to remember that I got one there several years ago, but I may not be

remembering that correctly.

If not Heathrow, then where can I get one? (going for a week in May)

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London bus map and schedule

This is a pdf bus map for Central London that is geographical.

The paper version is often harder to find, but London Transport Museum shop should hold them.

The paper versions have an index and useful info about routes and night buses, useful to keep with you.

There are also spider diagrammatic maps available.

tfl.gov.uk/assets/…central-london-bus-map.pdf

Mentioned in this post
Central Hotel
Central Hotel
95 Reviews
London, UK
London Transport Museum
London Transport Museum
2,165 Reviews
London, UK
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
43,111 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London bus map and schedule

They are becoming harder and harder to find especially the four outer London maps. Hopefully the map covering the central area is easier to find and the small tourist information office close to the tube station serving T1 & T3 at Heathrow may well have some as might (although less likely) the London Hotels desks located in all four arrival halls.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,733 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London bus map and schedule

If the Travel Information Centre mentioned above (just oppo the Underground station at T1,3) doesn't have them, try the TICs on the ticket hall level at Piccadilly Circus station and the small TIC near the Euston Road way in at St Pancras.

There is a bus information kiosk at Euston bus station (near stop E), just a tiny little place: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…euston-160912.pdf and another at Victoria Terminus Place,near stops A and B I think: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…victoria-120113.pdf Both have had all bus maps, the Central map and the four outer boroughs maps as well. But opening times at the latter two kiosks isn't guaranteed; if you find staff there they are usually helpfull, and will hand out maps.

Mentioned in this post
Piccadilly Circus
Piccadilly Circus
4,973 Reviews
London, UK
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,561 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London bus map and schedule

Betsy,

Whereabouts in London will you be staying and traveling to/from?

If it's the center of London, then page 6 of the TFL Visitor Guide has a very nice summary of the main bus routes - tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/visitor-guide.pdf

If you let us know where you're staying we can point you the spider map showing the buses that operate to and from your location.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London bus map and schedule

Thank you...this really works (the forum, I mean)! I'm experienced with the Tube but in my previous trip the buses were a mystery to me. I hoped to cut down a bit on my walking,

I tried to print an enlarged section of the TFL map (the pdf print is so very small) but the computer just

printed the map as shown.

I'll be staying with my daughter near the Gloucester Rd Station and wanted to know the bus routes headed

east from there.

Will watch for additional posts; many thanks to those who've replied so far.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,733 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London bus map and schedule

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/glou… Here you go. The 74 makes its way to Hyde Park Corner and Marble Arch en route to Baker Street, but traffic in Brompton Road can be a pain at times. The C1 towards Victoria is handy, but like the 74 prone to delays in Brompton Road and Sloane Street.

tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/hyde… Hyde Park Corner can be a handy place to connect. There are ramps below Knightsbridge (the road) at exit 1 Knightsbridge north side and exit 4 Knightsbridge south side.

Here are a few more spider maps that may be useful: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…marblearch-a4.pdf tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/char… tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/aldw… tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…victoria-120113.pdf tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…mansion-house.pdf tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/towe…

Mentioned in this post
Hyde Park
Hyde Park
17,287 Reviews
London, UK
The Marble Arch London
The Marble Arch London
498 Reviews
London, UK
Baker Street
Baker Street
354 Reviews
London, UK
Brompton Hotel London
Brompton Hotel London
271 Reviews
London, UK
Sloane Street
Sloane Street
56 Reviews
London, UK
Knightsbridge
Knightsbridge
229 Reviews
London, UK
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London bus map and schedule

Betsy

Post 5

Tip to try printing enlarged section of pdf.

This will print off a screen-dump that suits your requirement.

Zoom in to pdf so you have the area you want and map size you like on your computer screen.

Press ‘ PrtSc’ on your keyboard (print screen) your keyboard should have this.

Open ‘paint’ program, most computers have this pre-installed

Paste into the ‘paint’ program.

You should get an exact image of what was on your computer screen (the map)

Print off, or save.

London
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London bus map and schedule

I agree with USBusinessTraveller.

Just go to his weblink and print out Section 6: Bus Routes (on page 11 of the brochure).

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London bus map and schedule

Thank you, everybody. I actually found my old bus map from my former trip, and will be braver this time. I really appreciate all the posts and the many links.

10. Re: London bus map and schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 26, 2014