We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is LHR Sofitel also convenient for Terminal 3?

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Is LHR Sofitel also convenient for Terminal 3?

We're flying out of Terminal 3 and considering staying the night before at the Sofitel. I know it's possible to walk to Terminal 5 from the hotel, but what about those of us leaving from another terminal? Can we walk to terminal 5, then get to Terminal 3 via the airport? Or would we need to take the Hoppa Bus as if we were staying at one of the other hotels nearby?

Thanks for your help.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,091 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is LHR Sofitel also convenient for Terminal 3?

There's a free train service between T5 & T3

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/t…

Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is LHR Sofitel also convenient for Terminal 3?

Thanks, Alanrow! That's very helpful.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is LHR Sofitel also convenient for Terminal 3?

I'm not sure I'd pay the extra to stay at the Sofitel and then end up taking roughly the same amount of time to get to T3 as if I'd stayed in a hotel that cost 1/2 as much ..... ... actually upon reflection, I am sure, I wouldn't.

4. Re: Is LHR Sofitel also convenient for Terminal 3?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 06, 2014