We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help!

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I need help!

I'm trying to make an itinerary for my trip to London, but I keep finding myself getting lost in a sea of information. I know quite a lot of what I want to do, I just don't know how to best plan for my days. I don't want to be going all over the place seeing sights when it would make sense to group them in a particular order, etc. I wish there was a web site or app that you could put all the places you want to go and then they'd group them together for you.

Any suggestions on how to best go about this?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,661 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: I need help!

Yes it would Sarah.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: I need help!

Thank you

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: I need help!

Still working on my itinerary, but have a question. Does the following look like too much for 1 day?

Tower Bridge

Tower of London

The Monument

London Bridge (I know not really anything to see, but there's a special 6yr old who wants me to take photos for her while I'm on my trip) :)

What do you guys think?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,661 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: I need help!

That's about right for one day assuming you plan on going into the bowels of Tower Bridge. If not then you may have time to take a door of Shakespeare's Globe or possibly even see a little of Tate Modern or, if it's a Thursday, Friday or Saturday and you are a foodie, wander around Borough Market.

I know your (?) 6 year old wants to see London Bridge but are you sure they don't mean Tower Bridge...the one that opens? You are likely to cross London Bridge in any case but I wouldn't want them to be disappointed by it's sheer ordinariness.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: I need help!

Yes, planning on going into the bowels of Tower Bridge. Thanks for the idea of going to the market. Not sure what day I'm going to do all of this, but maybe I will plan it on one of those days to wander the market. Not a foodie really, but I want to check out the market.

The 6 yr old is a girl I nanny. And she wants to see London Bridge, because she likes the song London Bridge so much. I will take photos of other bridges too, but wanted to make sure I get a photo of London Bridge in for her. Thanks for the concern. :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: I need help!

What does it mean that the Barrier Service are not operating November, December, January,February and March? I am wanting to take ride on the Thames from Westminster - Greenwich. Is that still possible if the barrier services are not operating? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

This time next week I will be on an airplane flying to London! Yay!!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,661 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: I need help!

In the summer the boats go a little further down river to The Thames Barrier. During the rest of the year the service terminates at either Greenwich Pier or the o2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thames_Barrier

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: I need help!

Westminster to Greenwich works fine all year. The Thames Barrier is further East.

If you're going that way, and you have a 6 yr old, a trip on the Emirates Air-Line gondola may be fun. Done at dusk the views you get up the Thames and over Central London can be absolutely stunning.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: I need help!

Thanks guys!! Glad to know I can still do the boat ride up to Greenwhich.

I won't have the 6yr old with me, but the gondala sounds like something I'd enjoy. ;) I will have to look into it.

Thanks!!

20. Re: I need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 08, 2014