We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

Take it from someone who has taken well over 20 tropical vacations. Twenty of them were heaven on earth and 4 of them I wish I had never gone (cruises) Hawaii is the most overrated, overdeveloped, so what tropic destination on earth! Millions can be and are wrong. Fast food joints, highrises, traffic jams, and way too many people thinking they have found paradise. The South Pacific is where it's at. Look me up on that forum if you want more help. Pub

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,954 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

Now, don't get jealous, FSM, but I'm sort of going to the South Pacific tomorrow. Well, for this leg of the journey I'll be going as far as Battle, East Sussex. I can imagine the palm trees and blue lagoons, can't I?

Who wants a trip report?

out & about
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

pub:

thx...will keep fiji and samoa in mind!

gillian:

the reasons i was given are as follows...

london -

- didnt like the food

- expensive

- dirty and polluted

paris -

- dirty

- expensive

- rude local folks - this includes service industry and people on the street

there may have been other reasons i cant remember. and btw, the people i know who didnt like london and paris live in large cities. they all only visited london, so their comments were about london, and not the UK in general.

we spent four days in mexico city, in november 04. i didnt know what to expect, with regards to pollution and air quality in general. turns out i didnt even notice it. my mother was worried i'd get kidnapped...lol. we would go back in a heartbeat.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

xplors: If you ever get serious let me know.

Mom, If you hit it big can I come too?

Gilligan: I love London and your country in general. I know London is crowded and I wish it was'n;t so popular as a vacation place but there i so much history, and other wonderful things. And the beer...

out & about
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

gilligan - apologies for misspelling your name.

pub - gilligan asked for the reasons i was given for people not liking london and paris. so please explain your comment about me not being serious. ???

LA
Level Contributor
77 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

Pub:

We just returned from a week's stay at the Sokala Villas on Rarotonga. It was soooo beautiful an island, I wished I'd never seen it so I could see it all again for the first time!!!

Very underdeloped, none of those big purpose built resorts and hardly a spa or golf course in sight!!! I'm so sick of people suggesting we go to the spa, spend our money on over priced "treatments" in order to do what - relax?? The fact that no outsiders can buy property on the island keeps the big developers away - thank God!!

We usually don't go back to places we've been as the world is just too big to waste, but we are definitely going to make a trip back there in the next couple of yeras.

I too, have been to Hawaii a couple of times and nah, it just never gripped me.

I love England by the way, having lived in Manchester for many years, but only miss the fish and chips not the weather!!

Cheers,

R

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip (to the SP via London) that started from this tiny port (Southhampton) aboard this tiny ship (the HMS TALF)

With Gilligan ........the Skipper (Pub) too,

The Millionaire (Nuke) and his wife (EnglishRose)

The Movie Star (TP)

The Professor (Adam) and Maryann (ME!!)

Here on Gillllllligaaaaaaans Isle!!!!!!!!!! <whew>

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

Mom, you're too good! Dying to meet you. Xplors, what I meant is if you ever get serious about visiting thje South Pacific. Outlooking, thanks for writing and yes Rarotonga is a beautiful island but you never went to Aitutaki??? If in fact you do return to the Cook Islands you MUST go there. In my experienced opinion it's twice as good if not more. I know I'm not alone about Hawaii and I'm glad so many literally have no clue and continue to blindly flock there, they can have it. Pub

Nebraska
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: Message For Xplors: Re Best Places To Visit.

Pub, now that Watford has won it's way into the premiership (sorry, I have to mention that in every single post I make today) maybe we could meet up in London next January? We could go to a premiership game AND go to the Young's Brewery Tap.

And then while we are there, we could plan a South Seas adventure trip......what do you think?

*happy.....happy....happy....I'm still happy today can you tell?.......happy........happy.......need to go to London with Pub and Sue...........happy........happy..........want to see Samoa.......happy....Jim says I've had too much wine to celebrate but I'm still HAPPY!!!!