We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best travel from Heathrow to Portman Square

Bartlesville, OK
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Best travel from Heathrow to Portman Square

I have a group of business travelers (3 or 4) arriving at Heathrow Terminal 4 on a Sunday morning, and we will be staying at Radisson Blu, Portman Square. We will have luggage and Laptop bags, so wondering what will be the most convenient way to get to the hotel. Some of us do have experience navigating public transportation, but ease of a Car Service or taxi may be preferred.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London
Radisson Blu Portman...
1,590 Reviews
London, UK
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best travel from Heathrow to Portman Square

It's entirely your choice. There's a list of generally well reviewed car services at the bottom, and they cost roughly from £38 to £45 for an estate (4 pax and 4 suitcases).

If you wanted to take public transport, here's the way I would do it. Take the Underground (Piccadilly line) from Heathrow T4 to Hyde Park Corner (sit in the front of the train to be close to the exit). Take the escalator up to the ticket hall, and leave via the exit 1 ramp. Immediately in front of you are four bus stops, and from stop W (first map) take the 74 bus to stop M (second map) in Portman Street. If you get Oyster cards for that day, the fare will be £4.40 each (£3 for the tube, and £1.40 for the bus).

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…hydeparkcorner-2140.pdf

tfl.gov.uk/tfl/…marblearchquad-11502.pdf

But, if you can let us know which Sunday you'll be traveling, we can double check the Piccadilly line against any weekend engineering works that may affect that journey - tfl.gov.uk/assets/…track-closures.pdf

Here's the car services -

www.london-transfers.com

www.skyexpresscars.net

www.handicars.co.uk

www.justairports.com

www.exclusiveairports.com

www.swisscottagecars.com

www.expressways.co.uk

Edited: 2:42 pm, February 25, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Hyde Park
Hyde Park
17,308 Reviews
London, UK
The Portman
The Portman
328 Reviews
London, UK
Bartlesville, OK
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best travel from Heathrow to Portman Square

Thank you for information. We ended up booking a car service, since there are 5 in the party.

Curitiba
Level Contributor
4 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best travel from Heathrow to Portman Square

Hi, which car service did you pick? My parents will go to London and I need to book the transfer. Since they don't speak english and will arrive a little late (22:30) I'd like to be very careful. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
4. Re: Best travel from Heathrow to Portman Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 09, 2014