We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London, England

Michigan City...
1 post
Save Topic
London, England

What to wear in London middle of March, 2013

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from $126.00*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
441 reviews
from $104.80*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,073 reviews
from $148.70*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from $100.50*
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,433 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London, England

Clothes?

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London, England

We'll tell you on the day. It may be snowing, but that's not very likely. It may well be raining constantly. Quite possibly it'll be bright and sunny all week without a drop of rain, or there may be fog. You might get one of each on each day of your visit. Daytime temperatures will be almost definitely be between freezing point and 20 degrees C. (most likely 10-12 C, but don't hold me to that). The air may be completely still, or there may be strong winds blowing the rain horizontally, or freshening the hear from the sun.

So - take layers. Bring a thin waterproof you can carry easily, and adjust to the temperature by putting on extra layers.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London, England

"What to wear in London middle of March, 2013"

Indeed...........With our "world famous" unpredictable weather, I hope somebody can answer your question!!

4. Re: London, England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, March 03, 2014
West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London, England

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k253…

Have a look at the "FAQs: London forum frequently asked questions" at the top of the list of discussions.

Anderson, South...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London, England

Did it SNOW!! Mar 23 Apr 3 I went from London to Edinburgh and all over the island, 15 days in GB, 12 days snow, but worth it everyday. All the villagers would say "Worst weather in 50 years." I try to go every year in the spring, it was soooo true. That was not typical weather for that time of year, I prefer early April. I am going back next week, either a glutton for punishment or just a crazy Anglophile.

hfx
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London, England

we were there mid-March 2011. The day we arrived was t-shirt weather, beautiful. A few days later it was cooler and wet. Good advice in post two: layers and something to waer if it rains. Nice to be there, things starting to green up.

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London, England

Lazarus Thread - Six months old. Move along, nothing to see here.

Niskayuna
Level Contributor
5 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London, England

Just got back from a week in London and was very pleasantly surprised by the weather. I guess people who say it is cold there, haven't lived in upstate New York. I was so happy to see crocuses and daffodils blooming everywhere and the flowering trees about to bud. I wore a thin primaloft quilted jacket (Lands End) and a scarf everyday, with varying layers underneath. Most days a light sweater with a smartwool or EMS techwick under it was perfect. A scarf was a must and i had a pair of gloves handy that i pulled out a few times. I was happy to find a great pair of Sporto brand waterproof , fleece lined combat like boots that were comfortable for walking and kept my feet warm and dry for the occasional drizzle. seeing that you are from Michigan, i think it will feel balmy!

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,245 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London, England

"seeing that you are from Michigan, i think it will feel balmy!"

Seeing that OP was visiting a year ago, I'm sure he already is aware!