We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London in August

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Arlngton
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
London in August

I am interested in traveling to London in mid August..dates are not set yet. Maybe about 8 days. I am interested in the hotel chain, Premier Inn, and I was wondering what locations are the best in London for the tourist attractions. I am pretty good with using subway systems in NYC and if the metro is like that, I would definitely feel comfortable using it. I just do not know what's a great central point to base ourselves at. I was also interested in traveling to Brussels for the day on the Eurostar but I'm sure whatever location would work for us. Thanks in advance!

Edited: 12:48 pm, February 15, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London in August

Premier inn county hall is pretty damn central

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,243 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London in August

County Hall is indeed close to many sights and attractions as well as fairly easy to reach from Heathrow but no one hotel is close to ALL the things you are likely to want to see and you will have to take public transport at some stage.

That means you don't have to tie yourself down to County Hall which is normally the most expensive Premier Inn. Others that might also work include Leicester Square (in the heart of theatreland) Blackfriars, Earls Court (just 30 minutes from Heathrow on the tube) and Kings Cross which is further from Heathrow but very handy for St Pancras should you have an early Eurostar departure.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: London in August

And this one, which is opening next month and is very near the PI County Hall (and it has aircon, while the County Hall does not)

premierinn.com/en/hotel/LONWAT/london-waterl…

Edited: 1:04 pm, February 15, 2013
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,744 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London in August

And the about to open PI Waterloo very near the PI County Hall and at the moment a bit cheaper than the PI CH although rates might go up as it gets more known:

http://www.premierinn.com/en/search.action

Random rate in August £103 (advance rate).

Also don't overlook some other hotels like the Novotels - there's a very nice new one at Blackfrairs which is very central and on the doorstep of great transport - which is very comprehensive and easy to use.

Edited: 1:05 pm, February 15, 2013
Sutton England
Level Contributor
15 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London in August

There is a Premier Inn on Bankside near Borough market which has a more neighbourhood feel to it whilst still being very central near Borough tube and London bridge stations

6. Re: London in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 18, 2014