We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EasyBus

Kielce, Poland
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
EasyBus

My Visa card was rejected and I think that although I didn't buy any tickets I blocked some of them and the price went up. Do this tickets get unblocked after some time?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,044 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EasyBus

Easybus? *shudders*

Before you go any further, do a search for Easybus on this forum. There have been numerous complaints about buses not turning up when they are supposed to and bookings not being honoured on the following services. Here's just one thread on it:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k516…

I'd recommend to find another means of getting to or from the Airport. Seriously.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: EasyBus

If a ticket is 'blocked' - by which I take it you mean reserved for you pending purchase - then yes it will be unblocked after a certain period of time if you don't purchase. No idea what that is - an hour maybe??

I am sure hundreds of passengers a day use Easybus without problems - it's just that if there are problems they can be less than helpful.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EasyBus

EASY BUS:

was over booked ,

arrived an hour late,

refused to make me board

got shouted at by driver

missed my flight

it's crap!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EasyBus

Had the same experience. An hour late, refused to board me in until the passengers of the "right time" were boarded and then decided to board other people over me. When I started to get really pissed off he boarded me and my girlfriend but split us up, Put her in the front seat and me on the back. There was a spare seat next to her and I asked to change, he refused to have me together with her in front seat and threatened to get me out of the bus. When I replied back he started shouting at me. I was scared and embarassecat the same time. Felt powerless.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EasyBus

Never again. Dreadful experience. Luton to Earls Court - passengers had changed their ticket for an earlier one which didnt turn up. They ended up on the one they had booked originally. The minibus is too small for passengers even with handluggage only. The journey back to Luton Airport was not pleasant. I was the only passenger. We pulled into a garage for fuel. The driver changed and another male got on complete with various bags. The former driver and passsenger were later deposited at the side of the road. The new driver consumed cheese and onion crisps and a beverage whilst driving. It was a warm day and the smell was awful. He proceeded to lower his chair arm and the table to his left whilst driving. This meant he was weaving over the road. Seat belt was worn underarm and he drove leaning onto the chair arm. This entire experience was uncomfortable especially as he was weaving over the white lines in the middle lane of the motorway!! I wont be using this company again.....big mistake

London
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EasyBus

As so many others have written, the easyBus that I'd booked online didn't turn up at Gloucester Place. I foolishly waited for it; after thirty minutes; gave up waiting; took a scheduled Green Line bus but, at Luton, the flight check-in desk was closing as I arrived. I booked a later easyJet flight. Then, while waiting for the flight, I remonstrated with the attendant at easBus desk. No help there! I've written twice to Complaints Department at easyBus House, North Circular Road, Park Royal West, London, NW10 7XP but have received no reply to my demand for reimbursement of my easyBus fare and the additional flight costs incurred. The arrogance of this company is beyond the pale.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EasyBus

Always have a back-up plan and allow plenty of time if booked on to Easybus. After a week of email enquiries (they don't have a phone line) about luggage I got no responses. I booked and paid for an extra seat for an oversized bag (as advised by the website) for a trip from London to Gatwick. I turned up about an hour early after reading some bad reviews. The first driver (a foreign driver) who came along had one look at the bag and refused to take me, despite the fact I bought an extra ticket and there was room for the bag. He was rude and kept saying "read the rules" and I told him I did and had purchased another ticket for the bag. Another passenger and his mother were also refused and had to opt for a 75 pound taxi trip. I waited for the next bus (a British driver) and he had no issues whatsoever, helped with the bag, and we were on our way. If you're travelling light with one bag it's probably okay.

Edited: 7:24 pm, September 19, 2013
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EasyBus

If you're travelling light with one bag it's probably okay.

---------

Other than the times they just don't turn up, or are an hour late and don't let you on the next bus. And what are people saving, maybe £5??? Makes no sense to use this crap service.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EasyBus

If the many posts complaining about EasyBus are anything to go by they are anything but easy, and should be avoided at all costs.

The complaints seem to have a common theme. Buses not turning up at all, or when turning up late passengers for an earlier service are denied boarding, rude and abusive drivers. It's not a good image, and I'm suprised this hasn't been addressed by the company itself.

Scotland
Level Contributor
45 posts
592 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EasyBus

we needed to get back to luton early and our ticket displayed 7pm but people who were waiting next to us had 5pm but the driver allowed them to get on bus early but when we asked the driver laughed in our face and said you have no chance you have to wait to make matters worse the driver that laugh at us waited untill the next easy bus turned up and told that driver what we asked for him to walk up and look at our paperwork and laugh at us in the street, as you an imaging we were not happy at been laughed by drivers that are suppose to be professional and not act like children to the customers, after waiting for nearly 2 and half hours but they turned us away and we asked the driver if he could take us as his bus was half full he said no but the bus driver took money off 2 passagers who never had a ticket.

Busses were leaving half empty but drivers refuse to take paying passingers, we went back after 5pm and we were lucky as a bus was about to drive away with just one passganer and he said no problem as you have a ticket. I have started writing a complaint letter and will be sending it to the ceo rather than sending it to london as i won't get a reply.. Would not recommend them even if they are cheap,