We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to park a car & take the Tube to Westminster?

Which London hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
16 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to park a car & take the Tube to Westminster?

I will be flying to Heathrow from the USA on a Friday, renting a car and making a quick stop at Westminster for an Art Exhibit. Then back to the car and driving East 1 1/2 hours to Colchester County.

Where would be the best place to park and take the Tube, a straight shot would be prefered. I really don't want to drive in the city if I don't have to.

Any suggestions would be apprciated. Thank you!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best place to park a car & take the Tube to Westminster?

I think that is a wise option and yes there is a left luggage facility at Paddington - excess-baggage.com/contact_us/london_station…

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best place to park a car & take the Tube to Westminster?

jimV

The problem with leaving luggage at Paddington is that after Westminster you then have to double-back in the wrong direction to Paddington to pick up your bags.

As a suggestion you could use the left luggage facility at Charing Cross,

(0700- 23.00) then walk or bus down Whitehall to Westminster.

nationalrail.co.uk/stations/chx/details.html

Afterwards collect your luggage and head to Liverpool Street on the Northern and Central line.

How are you getting from Colchester or Manningtree stations to Dedham? There is a taxi rank at Colchester station for metered taxis or you could bring some phone numbers for private hire taxis (flat fare) Colchester to Dedham.

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
16 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best place to park a car & take the Tube to Westminster?

Yes, I did notice that I would have to backtrack to get my luggage, It's just such a hasstle to have to lug it around. But you are right, leaving it at Charing Cross would be best.

I will arrange to be picked up at Manningtree Station, thats the easy part of the trip. Except lugging everything down the stairs, under the station and back up the other side of the tracks is no fun :|

london
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best place to park a car & take the Tube to Westminster?

If you got picked up from Colchester rather than Manningtree, the station has step-free access to the street.

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
16 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best place to park a car & take the Tube to Westminster?

Yes, that is true but Manningtree is so much closer to where I am staying.

16. Re: Best place to park a car & take the Tube to Westminster?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 19, 2014