We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those of you who used Ivy Lettings

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
88 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
For those of you who used Ivy Lettings

Did you receive any FAQ's document ahead of time? Did they send you the address of the place that you will be "letting"? Was this later on in the process when all monies were paid?

I'm used to renting from American rental companies (for properties in the US) and usually get the address plus an FAQ's doc about the specific property when I put down the initial deposit. It may be different in London but thought I would double check. I sent an email to my contact there but for those of you who have booked with them before, perhaps you can share your experience?

Thanks so much for your help!

Toronto
Level Contributor
585 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For those of you who used Ivy Lettings

I used them in April 2011. Once you have booked, they will send you an FAQ. However, their website has a FAQ list as well. But when you initially contact them they will provide you with answers to any questions you might have about the property. They are very helpful as well as prompt.

Note - if you are booking by credit card, let the company know as mine was blocked initially as they thought someone was trying to use it in the UK.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For those of you who used Ivy Lettings

We used Ivy Lettings in September on a short notice rental. We were pleased with some aspects of their service but found other aspects such as timely replies and follow up answers to questions we had to be hit or miss. I think it will depend on who is handling your rental. If you find you do not get an adequate reply then follow up with a phone call and speak to the manager. We found that to be the most effective way. We experienced issues with our rental, such as cleanliness of carpets and we were answered with, "What do you expect for the rate you are paying." Not exactly the kind of reply I was expecting from them given their stated goals on their website. Anyway don't be afraid to be proactive with them.

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: For those of you who used Ivy Lettings

Dear Guest

Thank you for using us last September and I'm sorry to hear you felt some aspects of our service fell short. We take customer service very seriously and obviously a key part of that is responsiveness on our part. We are a growing company and over the past 12 months since you stayed we have significantly increased our team and improved our processes, so we hope that subsequent renters will have enjoyed a more efficient experience than you evidently did.

I'm also sorry you encountered cleanliness issues with the apartment. We'd never use our reasonable prices as any kind of justification for sub-standard cleanliness and although we do very occasionally need to encourage certain renters to be reasonable in their expectations of London units, we'd never be as blunt as that (just in case you weren't paraphrasing!).

As to the original thread, this is how it works re getting the info: as soon as you book, we ask you to provide your arrival details and we provide you with your check in document, which details how to reach the rental apartment etc. We are always on hand if you encounter problems at any stage!

Sincerely

Guy van der Westhuizen

MD Ivy Lettings London

4. Re: For those of you who used Ivy Lettings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014